Free At Last:

The song above sets the mood :)

~Zoe~

I stared up at the ceiling above us. The morning's golden sun poured in through the window beside the door. A fresh breeze filled the room as I sat up. Newt was asleep beside me. I smiled when I saw how peaceful he looked. He yawned after a few moments before rubbing his eyes.

"Goodmorning," I leaned over and kissed him.

"Goodmorning," He replied and stretched.

I walked over to the crib and picked up my son who was babbling to himself. I sat down on the bed so I could feed him.

"One year," Newt smiled and kissed Charlie's head. "It's been a whole year since we got out of the maze."

I leaned on Newt's shoulder, "Has it? Felt like 10 years ago."

"Well time flies when you're trying not too die."

"Hey guys has anyone seen," My brother walked in from his room.

I covered my chest with Newt's shirt.

"Sorry Zoe. I lost my shoe again."

As if on cue Roscoe, my brother's dog, pranced in with Dan's show hanging out of his mouth.

"Think you have your answer," Newt chuckled as he stood up and pulled his tank top on.

"Dang dog!" My brother exclaimed and followed his pet outside.

I laughed. Newt took Charlie from me so I could get dressed. The two of us joined Molly and Minho outside for breakfast.

That day was spent doing our usual tasks. Daniel and Gally were instructing people on how to put up sturdy huts and small buildings. Frypan was helping in the community kitchen. Molly and our new friend Cassy were taking care of the younger kids. I was at our place being a mom and taking care of Thomas, who was still out of it from his wound, while Newt worked on the gardens with a few other people. After working hours newt and I sat on the beach with Charlie on the blanket between us. Neither of us said anything. We just watched the waves crash onto the shore.

"This is going to be a good place for us," Newt stated. "I was talking to Gally today and he has a few ideas about how we can make it work."

"I'm happy how things are," I smiled.

"Yeah but we can't live in a two room hut forever especially when your brother is using half."
"True, I guess if we ever wanted to grow our family we will need more room."

"Hey you lovebirds! Thomas is awake!" Frypan yelled down the beach. We waved and walked back towards the common area. Sure enough. There was Thomas. He was hugging Minho. Newt walked up.