Chapter 9

*Changes writing format*
At the mall
Prince was quiet as we walked around. I ran over to the phone case kiosk, looking at all the pretty cases. I took out my phone to see what could fit.
"Wait...you still have the 4?" Prince says
"...yes?" I say, confused
"Oh no...we gotta fix that! Who's your carrier?"
"AT&T"
"Okay c'mon"
He picked me up and put me on his shoulder. I don't know how I feel about that...
When we got to the AT&T store he put me down in a chair and walked towards a consultant. They talked for awhile and they eventually walked towards me. She handed me an iPad with a card scanner.
"Ma'am will you please enter the following," said the consultant.
I was kinda scared to but I put in my information. I gave her the iPad and she told Prince to swipe his card. She left to a little room in the back of the store. She came back out with a silver iPhone 6. I'm glad. I didn't care to much for the gold.
"Hold this," said Prince
He handed me the phone and put me on his shoulder again. We went back to the kiosk and he put me down.
"Now choose a case" Prince said tiredly.
I chose a blue case with rhinestones scattered across it. Then it hit me...
Dad would flip if he saw me with this new phone.
"Prince...I can't take this," I said with fear in my eyes.
"You can and you will. End of discussion,"
"Woah okay."
"Soooooo what do you wanna do?"
"Whatever you wanna do..."
"Don't start that. What do you wanna do? We could shop or jump and go somewhere else. It's all up to you."
I honestly didn't know...so I just said I needed new jazz shoes.
He asked for my shoe size and we went to Payless. When we got to the counter, I pulled out my wallet to pay for it. Right as I did so...
*swipe*
"Thank you" he said
And he took the shoes and gave them to me.
Ummmm...why is he buying all this stuff for me. This is...odd.
"Are we...um...gonna practice?"
"What? Ohhhh! Yeah sure. Let's go now."
We went to the car and he opened the door for me.
When we got to the studio, no one was there...as I suspected.
"Ok...um...let's work on the dance from yesterday. Do you remember it?" asks Prince.
I practiced it a little but I suddenly forgot it. I was nervous for some reason...
"Uhhh..." I hesitated.
"That's okay. I'll re-teach it"
Thank Jesus!
"*clears throat* I mean...uh...you better start practicing if you want to make it in the big leagues", he corrected himself.
I guess he's trying to keep his initial toughness but it's not really working. I like nice Prince.
We went over the dance a few times and we cleaned it a little. There wasn't much I needed to correct, thankfully.
"Looks like we're done. Are you gonna take me home or do I have to walk?" I asked sarcastically.
"No stay! I mean...uh...I wanted to show you the dance we're doing for our company tryouts. You're really good and I think you could make it."
"I don't know about that. I just got here," I said.
"Trust me Tiffany, you'll be fine. We have inexperienced dancers on the team. Okay, so it goes like this..."
He demonstrated it. It was kinda hard. I knew I would have to work very hard to get this dance down.
When we were done, we recorded the dances so I could practice. Then we got in the car to go home. I honestly love his jeep.
We tried to make some conversation in the car. You know, learn more about each other. I learned he's vegan. I'm quite carnivorous but I guess something could still happen.
We finally arrived at my house. I was scared. It was later than I expected and I got a new phone. What would my parents think.
"Remember to practice those dances and Tryouts are in two weeks. I'll talk to you later."
Then I realized...
"Wait I don't have your number!"
He rolled his eyes.
"323-723-9087"
Then he drove off.
323-723-9087...323-723-9087
This rung in my head with sound of his voice as I walked inside the house.
Then...
Wait...what?
My dad didn't yell at me when I walked in...I didn't see him...
I figured he was napping, which he was. Mom was in the bathroom.
But...
I forgot to turn off the alarm when I walked in...
HONK HONK HONK HONK
Dad shot up and got angry. I rushed over to the keypad to turn it off.
"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! I AM SO TIRED OF YOU RUNNING OFF AND COMING BACK LATE!!" screamed dad.
There it is...
My mom opened the door to the bathroom. She was still on the toilet.
"Tyler calm down," said my mom.
"Monica! Not right now! She needs to get her act together!"
"I'm sorry, dad. I didn't think we'd be out that long," I said sympathetically.
He suddenly calmed down...that was quick...too quick.
"I'll be right back...I'm gonna go for a few walk," he said.