Chapter 8

The next day
Tiff's POV
Prince is coming to pick me up. I've been crying all night. It's taking everything in me to not cry as I walk down the stairs to the kitchen. As usual, my parents were in there. Dad was reading is paper. Mom was cooking. They look up to see me.
Tmom: good morning honey
Tdad: where are you going now
Tiff: I'm going to dance. My instructor needed to see me.
Tdad: it's Sunday. We have church. Can't this wait?
Tmom: She can miss one Sunday. Go on honey. We'll see you later.
Tdad: why do you always make me the bad guy?
Tmom: honey...
Tdad: No, I'm tired of this...*throws the newspaper and looks around* I'll be upstairs.
He walked away. What's with him?
Tmom: he'll be alright. I think he's just mad because you're hardly ever home. I'll see you later Tiff.
Tiff: bye mom
I hugged her. I hardly do that nowadays.
I went outside and I was about to call Prince but he was pulling up. I did one last check for all of my dance things and got in the car.
He didn't even look at me. He had his shades on and kept his focus ahead. He put his car in reverse to back out of the driveway and started towards the studio.
Prince: hey
Tiff: hi
Prince: I heard what happened. I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure you didn't deserve that. But then again...I don't know you. You could be a thot or something.
Tiff: you didn't sound sorry yesterday. You don't sound sorry now. And I'm not a thot.
Prince: oh...about yesterday...*gco*
Tiff: you don't have to explain. You have no sympathy. I understand.
Prince: I'm not that mean.
He had a low voice when he said that. It's almost like he was showing a soft side.
Tiff: Prove it
Prince: huh?
Tiff: You heard me! If you aren't that mean, then prove it!
Prince: okay...*smirks*
He did an illegal u- turn in the middle of the road and headed toward the mall. I don't know why. It doesn't open until 12 on Sundays.
We stopped at the Krispie Kreme in front of the mall. It wasn't open though.
When he parked, he got out the car and opened my door. I just stared at him. I didn't think he was going to actually show a nicer side.
Prince: are you going to get out or are you going to sit there looking clueless.
I got out. Wow...so much for being nice.
We walked up to the door and he pulled out a key. He unlocked the door and went in.
Tiff: why do you have a key to Krispie Kreme.
Prince: well Ms. Nosey, if you must know, my cousin is the manager here. He makes sure to keep a fresh dozen in the back just for me. He even protested for tinted windows so I could have privacy.
Tiff: wow
Prince: yeah...want some coffee?
Tiff: sure
He brought doughnuts and put on the coffee. He sat down in the booth with me and stared at me.
He thought I didn't notice since I was staring at the trees outside. I did though.

Prince's POV
She was so beautiful! I hope she didn't know that I was staring at her. Ugh I need to get it together. I don't like her, but she is cool people. AND MAMI CAN DANCE!!
Tiff: why did you want me to come today
Prince: well...um I wanted to get to know you better...because...you're a new student.
Tiff: so you do this with all of your students?
No
Prince: yep...even Minnie
Tiff: Lies!
Prince: whatever...the coffee is ready.
I only did that to get away from the awkwardness
I poured the coffee and gave it to her.
Tiff: can I have some cream...?
I got back up and gave her 10 cream cups. She used two then got four Splenda packets. Interesting...
Tiff: soooo...what do you wanna talk about?
Prince: *mumbles* you
Tiff: what?
Prince:...um...*cough*...well...I wanted to get to know you...so...um...lets talk about what you like...
Nailed it!
Tiff: okay...well...you wanna know, you ask the questions.
Dang...
Prince: what's your favorite color
Tiff: yellow. You?
Prince: green. Any talents?
Tiff: -______-
Prince: oh yeah...um...fear?
Tiff: spiders
Prince: whimp...
Tiff: -____-
Prince: where are you from?
Tiff: Atl
Prince: why'd you move
Tiff: mom got a new job.
Prince: do you miss anybody...like a boyfriend or something
Tiff: no...not really...I never dated until I met roc.
Prince: oh...I knew that
Tiff: sure you did
Tiff's POV
I am so upset with myself. I am developing feelings. Stupid feelings.
Ughhhhhh...
Do I like him? No...yes...maybe...I DON'T KNOW!!
I need help.
We were talking then my phone rang.
It was an unknown number
I excused myself to go talk to whoever it was
Phone convo
Tiff: hello?
????: how dare you go on a date with my man?
Tiff: who is this? Is this...*gasp* MINNIE! I never took your man. Prince doesn't like you...wait how do you know I'm with Prince?!?!
Minnie: I have my ways
Tiff: What happened to roc
Minnie: we broke up
Tiff: thot
Minnie: I don't know who you're calling a thot but I know one thing: either you get away from my man or else!!
Tiff: whatever
Minnie: I warned you *hangs up*
Lol BLOCK!
I went back to Prince. I didn't want him to be worried about me...
Prince: who was that?
Tiff: Minnie
Prince: ewwww...what did she want
Tiff: she thinks we're dating and she said that if she sees me with you again she's gonna do "bad things" to me. I don't even care though
Prince: You shouldn't. She isn't gonna do anything.
A man walked in with a Krispy Kreme uniform on.
????: Boy lo que estás haciendo! salir! (Boy what are you doing! Get out!)
Prince: primo! Estoy ocupado (cousin I'm busy)
????: oh, estás en una cita? bien te dejo solos (oh, you're on a date? Okay I'll leave you alone)
Prince: gracias Primo (thank you cousin)
????: usted es grande el tiempo de bienvenida (you're welcome big time) *punches him and walks to the back*
Haha! That's weird...I understood everything they said...but I've never taken a Spanish class. Maybe it's nothing. I just won't say anything so it's not awkward...
Prince: are you ready to go
Tiff: um...sure
We left and head towards the mall.