Chapter 2

ROONEY

I woke up feeling better than I did yesterday.

For an unknown reason seeing Noah having an affair with Jenny yesterday gave me a weird feeling of relief but it still did hurt though.

My mind went to the mystery man I bumped into at the cafe yesterday.

I wonder what his name is,I should've asked.

I stood up to go take a shower when the door flew open.

"Noah is outside" she said.

"What is he doing here?". "He said he's been trying to reach you since yesterday blah blah blah, so he's here"

I snorted.

"Tell him to wait" I told her and she nodded then left.

He always did make me wait.

I took a long shower to make him wait. Thinking about it now,I really was stupid when I was dating Noah.

Gosh I was so obsessed with him that I never even noticed any of his red flags.

I finished taking my bath and went to my closet,I stay over at Camille's place sometimes so I have clothes here.

I wore a simple blue flair dress that reached a little above my knee.

I put a lipgloss on,then went downstairs to meet Noah.

"Hey baby"he said standing up.

I scrunched my face in disgust.

Dude's still pretending, huh?

"What do you want?" I asked getting straight to the point.

He looked slightly taken aback. It's understandable since I've always been so nice and sweet to him.

Bad luck for him cause I'll never be that way to him ever again.

"Is something wrong?" He asked coming closer to me.

"Don't come any closer"I took a step back.

"No why are you here?"I asked getting annoyed. "Jenny's prolly waiting,so hurry up and go back to your beloved"I said rolling my eyes at him.

"What do you mean by that ba-"

"Don't 'baby' me asshole,I saw you both yesterday so there's no need to keep pretending" I rolled my eyes at him again.

"And seeing your face right now really makes me feel like throwing up" I added making a gagging sound.

"Is that why you resigned?"He asked done fooling around.

"I don't think anyone we'll love working with their cheating ex, right?" I asked rhetorically .

"And again, what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked getting more annoyed than I was earlier.

"No reason actually,I jus-"

"Okay" I cut him off and started making my way towards Camille's room.

"I'm not done talking to you!" He shouted at me.

"I don't really care about what you're about to say,so just keep it to yourself " I said then walked off.

"So what did he want?" Camille asked.

"Nothing really" I said and she kept staring at me.

"Seriously he wanted nothing " I told her.

"Ohkay "

"So when are we going over to your house to go get your things?" She asked

"Maybe in the afternoon"I said

"Why aren't you at work?" I asked her.

Camille works at her dad's company, Hernandez & co.It's a really huge company.

"I'm going, soon"

"Okay,let me know when you're leaving. I need to find a job" I said standing up.

I would've loved to work with Camille but anything that had to do with tech stuff wasn't really my thing,I was more into jewelry.

I got to my current room and found out Black Crest Jewelry is in need of a P.A for the CEO.

That could work. Black Crest was the biggest company in USA and other countries. It's a world wide company and the owner is an Italian Man so I've heard.

I wonder how he looked,I researched about him but there was no picture of him on the internet. I gave up after a while.

I got a text from Camille saying she was about to leave for work so I got up.

We left together,I waved her bye and got into my car to drive to my family's place.

I got in and there was no one in sight at that moment.

I got to my room and packed,I didn't really have much to pack. I'll have to go shop later cause all I had were just work clothes.

On my way out, Camille's Mom aka my Elvis stepmother, Lucinda came out of her room with a scowl on her face.

"Where have you been?" "And where are you taking those things to?" She asked.

"You never cared,so why are you asking?" I snapped at her.

"I still don't care but this is my house so I have the right to know " she said putting her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes at her. I've been rolling my eyes alot lately.

"Don't roll your eyes at me bitch"

For a weird reason,I never found her scaring or anything. The way she behaved was kinda stupid to me ngl.
"Whatever,I'm moving out"

"Good,do you need help? I don't want you staying here any longer,I can't stand seeing your ugly face anymore" she gave a fake sigh of relief.

Drama queen.

I left not giving her a chance to say any more stupid things. I took the things to the car and waited for a while before going back cause I don't want her there when I go back inside.

Seems my waiting was in vain cause she was still there but this time she was sitting but still staring at me.

"Stop being creepy ma'am" I said walking past her.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked anger etched in her voice.

"I don't see anyone around,do you?" I really don't know where I got this odd courage from today but it ain't leaving soon.

I walked up the stairs not letting her say anything, I picked up the remaining things I needed. I'll just get new things too later.

I didn't see Lucinda this time, thankfully.

I got outside and saw her having a conversation with Jenny.

I ignored the mother and daughter duo and got inside my car ready to leave.

"Rooney!" Jenny called out.

"Mom said you're moving out? Why?" Maybe Noah didn't tell her I saw them both since she kept up with her pretence.

I looked at her expressionless "I guess I'm just tired of staying in the same house with two-faced people" I said and drove off.

I need coffee.

------------

Chapter 2 done,I know it's a little kinda boring but the next chapter will be better hopefully.

Love you guys.

Always remember to vote,comment and share ❤️

And if there's anything you want to see in the next chapter or add in the upcoming chapters,let me know.

Love y'all 😘