Act One: Malachite

"Your dad has summoned you." Zeolite's servant said. Malachite looks up from the book he was reading and scoffed. When Malachite turned around in his chair the servant couldn't help but notice the slight shimmer in Malachite's coffee colored skin and the natural icy white in his hair. The two things he inherited from his late mother. "This better be important", Malachite said with attitude. Malachite strolls to the throne room to see his dad in no rush. "My beloved son, this war has gotten out of control. The angels are trying their hardest to destroy me. I fear that they have found out about the ancient stones." Zeolite said with indignation. "What does this have to do with me father?" The hair on the back of Zeolite's neck bristled due to Malachite's disrespect. Something he should be used to by now. "Malachite, you know I favor you over your sister, but I will not take any disrespect from you!" Zeolite said with anger. At this point Malachite no longer wanted to be in his father's presence. "What do you need from me father?" Zeolite straightens up on his throne before speaking. "I need you to go to Earth, find the two stones and destroy them. If you accomplish this task, the throne will be yours on your return. I will only be telling your sister there is only one stone in hope that you will find both with this advantage I have given you." Malachite became intrigued by the proposition. "When will you like me to go to Earth?" Malachite asked with interest for the first time in this conversation. "My son, I think it is best if you leave today. I want this done in a speedy manner. You are dismissed." Zeolite says with a wave of his hand. Malachite not feeling like commenting on the rude dismissal turns and heads out the door. Once out the door he encounters his twin sister, Kyanite. "Sister." Malachite says with a scoff and continues walking not caring if he was acknowledged in return. Malachite being the introvert that he naturally is never really enjoyed interacting with people unless it was necessary. He was more of the type that liked to observe quietly. On his walk back to his room Malachite was hit with a burst of excitement about going to Earth. He didn't understand where this feeling came from. He just knew his chest was starting to feel warm. A feeling he only got when he wakes up from the dreams he has about the nameless girl he has been dreaming about more than usual lately. The girl in his dream was always reading a book. They never spoke to each other in the dream. He would just watch her from a distance reading this book. He felt peace just from watching her. He was intrigued by the emotions that came across her face with every page she read. Malachite wanted to know why her face was always an emotional rollercoaster. The book she is always reading is now in his room. Once back to his room Malachite grabbed the book he was reading before being summoned by his father and placed it in his back pocket before leaving to the portal room.

Walking to the portal room, Malachite passes by the wall his sister and him used to write on. It brought back the memory of his return home from training. The training that made him leave his sister for a few months. He was very excited to be back home to see his sister, but the feeling wasn't reciprocated. His sister gave him the cold shoulder on his return and he never knew why. He just knew things were different upon their first interaction. He stared at the wall, running his fingers over the tally marks that had to be made by his sister while he was gone. "To Earth I go." Malachite says with subdued excitement.