Pt 34. The Aftermath

Soon after the gruesome battle with Kado, everyone had made it back to Mega City. Catalyst was still at the agency with baby Ruckus.

"Cat? We're back." Envoy called out with a soft tone, making sure not to startle Ruckus in case he was sleeping. Catalyst opens the door to her office to see everyone. She was delighted and relieved to see them all.

"You're all okay," she said, giving Envoy a hug, "I'm so glad. How did it all go?" "Well..." Envoy said, slowly pulling away, "...Kado's dead. Though it went quicker and more sudden then we expected."

"Ya know, I kinda did notice something when I was grabbing Midas' Drum Gun from Kado's remains." Nolan said. Envoy turned to him. "What's that, Nolan?" she asked.

"His neck was sliced clean, but it was not 100% from the stakes," Nolan said, "it looked to me like it was from a blade of some sort."

"A blade?" Khaby asked. "But we haven't seen a blade at the scene." Drift said. Just then, a random female that's not part of any of the crews had spoken out, "That was me, everybody."

Everyone turned to the voice belonging to a gothic woman holding what appears to be a Duskblade. "The name's Shimmerdusk," the woman said, "and I'm a monster huntress. I used my Duskblade to sever Thorne's head while having Invisibility Gauntlets worn."

"Wow!" everyone was in awe. Nolan then said, "We all thought just a couple of stakes had definitely chopped off his head, but holy cow!" "Nope, that was me." Shimmerdusk said, taking a tissue and wiping off more bits of Kado's blood from her Duskblade.

"Very impressive." Envoy said. "Indeed," Shimmerdusk agrees with Envoy, "so now everyone is safe from Thorne."

"Thank you, Shimmerdusk!" everyone in the room said all together. Shimmerdusk smiled and bid farewell. "Be safe, everyone!" she called out. Then she was gone.