Chapter 9

We came back to the prince's room through my portal.

"I need clothes to change," Basto said.

Although I was puzzled, I invoked some clothes of his size and gave him. He had refused new clothes since I knew him. He approached the fireplace and changed quickly and then thawed his old magical places to the fire changing the red fire into a colorful fire for some seconds.

"Why do you do this?" I asked while I was looking at that unknown wisdom burning.

"This magic is not for yours," he said, confirming that he wasn't as naive as I thought.

Basto sat down on the floor next to the prince's bedroom and took the hand of the prince.

"What is happening?" the prince whispered with difficulty.

"Reserve your strength," Basto said.

Rosario entered and looked at Basto. It was pretty clear that she was suffering the same sensation as me. However, her hand shook and a terrified glance tried to move away from the mestra.

"The rest of the sorceress will arrive soon," she stuttered.

"It's not necessary, we have another plan," I said.

"What other plan?"

Basto and I exchanged glances. "I cannot tell you. You have to trust in me."

"Of course, but what will you say to the imperial family?"

"You say to them that the mestra of Lorencia was healing the prince and that we will need a legion in the north frontier with the Forest as soon as possible."

Rosalia didn't know what to say and for this reason, she decided to get out and wait in the hallway, probably, trying to figure out what the hell was happening.

"I am ready," Basto said.

"Wait, I need to tell me what you're gonna do." He was thoughtful, it was clear that he didn't fully trust me yet. "Basto, I trust you with the prince's life and I can assure you that he is someone important to me. We need to trust each other."

He sighed. "I'm gonna give him part of my life, and in this way, he could bear the illness and health." Although he said life I knew that he referred to his divine power. "Never say it. If people know it, the children of Mestra would be hunted again."

I had never heard of mestra hunts, but knowing their incredible power, I really believe that it could happen. "Basto, I suffered a hunt of my people due to the people's selfishness. Never will I tell this secret."

He nodded and prepared himself for the ritual.

He grabbed the prince's right hand with both hands and started to whisper some words. I tried to approach them but the overwhelming sensation was stronger with each step. I surrendered. Basto's secrets would have to be revealed at another time.

The red sparkles sprang from the body of Basto to the prince's body and were introduced to him through his mouth and nose. Then the sparkles and the sensation of overwhelming vanished as if they had never existed. The room was quiet, Basto seemed tired and sweaty. He stared at the prince who started to breathe normally. I approached him and took the test again. The white dead was still there, but it was less extended than before, and his lungs looked more strong and healthy. Basto looked at me as if he would be dying to know the results.

"He will be fine."

Basto smiled and immediately, his head laid down on the prince's bed. I went to check on him. He was asleep, and after so many days he felt exhausted. I'm feeling envious. I tried to carry him to another place but he grabbed the prince's hand even while asleep.

I had to save force for the very real problem, trying to explain to the imperial family why the monster that was destroying our military forces in Lorencia a few days ago was resting on the bed of the prince after saving the prince's life.