Prologue

Labor Day

Labor Day

Eden was sat inside Spencer Hastings barn with the rest of their friend group awaiting the arrival of their leader. The girls sat around talking, laughing, and enjoying their final evening of summer before school was set to resume.

"So Eden care to explain why you've been so MIA recently?" Aria asked the girl with a mischievous grin.

Aria Montgomery, the artsy friend. Aria had an edgy fashion sense and a talent in writing.Aria was a short dark haired girl with pink stripes scattered throughout her hair and big blue doe eyes, and perfect pouty lips. Eden admired the girls loving nature and beautiful soul. Out of each of the girls Eden would say her and Aria weren't as close as the others.

"No reason." Eden shrugged hoping to put an end to their curiousness. The truth was Eden had been MIA recently, the girls just didn't know why.

"Oh come on Edie you're lying!" Emily exclaimed in a playful manner.

Emily Fields, the sporty friend. Emily was quiet and reserved, always somewhat shy. The girl had beautiful tan skin, chocolate brown hair, and honey brown eyes to match. Emily was a star swimmer for the schools swim team. Eden and Emily were always pretty close, Eden loved how loyal Emily was when it came to the people she loved.

"Guys it's nothing, I swear." Eden said laughing off their questions and curious glances.

"Oh really?" Hanna chimed in with a pointed look.

Hanna Marin, the outsider, not that Eden ever thought that. Alison was always the first to leave Hanna out, or make her feel unwelcome, but Eden did everything she could to make Hanna feel included and safe. Hanna was an average height blonde girl, with bright blue eyes. Hanna was a little on the "heavier" side according to Alison, and the leader never let the poor girl forget it. Eden thought Hanna was beautiful and never once thought her weight was a factor regarding her beauty.

"Guys." Eden sighed not wanting to open up just yet.

"Oh come on guys, let EJ live, she'll tell us when she's ready." Spencer said to back up her best friend, noticing that she wasn't ready to talk about it.

Spencer Hastings, the smarty pants. Spencer was a genius, always so incredibly smart, the girl came from a very prestigious family so growing up she always felt she had to be the best at everything she did. Spencer and Eden were insanely close, almost always by the other's side. Eden would say that Spencer was her favorite, after Alison of course.

The girls are in the barn drinking and having fun. The light and the music turned off making Eden and Spencer confused, but the others scared.