ONE - HOME SWEET HOME

Emma felt relieved when the jet finally landed. It was almost 6PM. She was happy to finish another successful world tour, especially since it was the first tour after the Covid pandemic (but she was also exhausted after spending almost more than a year traveling around the country and the world). Despite having houses in Los Angeles and New York that she adored, nothing compared to her home in her hometown, Kansas City. When she got off the jet she quickly got into the white SUV that would drive her home.

When she was already in the car, the first thing she did was text her father letting him know that she was already in KC and for her surprise he replied her quickly

Daddy: I am so happy that you're finally home, I love you sweetheart
Emma: Me too! I really missed you. As soon as I am settled I will go see you, Erin and the kids!
Daddy: I'll let them know. Please, don't forget to come to the office this week to get your game credentials, I really missed you on our first two games of the season.

Emma smiled when she saw her father last massage, football was a huge thing in their family but it was even more especial for them. Especially since she was the only one between her siblings that really adored the sport like her father.

Stacy is always present in every game, but her thing is more about taking pictures to post on her social medias than the game itself. Dustin, her only brother, is only interested in soccer and Brianna, the youngest, couldn't even stand anything related to football. In fact they were her step siblings and despite having an extremely complicated and rocky relationship with Stacy, she had a great relationship with Dustin and Brianna, her younger siblings

Emma really realized how much she missed home when the driver pulled the SUV into the driveway of the huge white two-story mansion that was her sanctuary.

To Emma's surprise, her kitchen island was filled with bouquets of flowers. She picked up the cards that accompanied the arrangements of her favorite flowers to read. The card that accompanied the pink peonies was from Erin, her stepmother, and Emma smiled as she read the note.

"Welcome home! I miss you so much and you are the best step-daughter anyone could have, I love you darling. Love, Erin"

Emma couldn't deny that Erin was truly a mother to her. Her biological mother passed away in a car accident almost a month after Emma turned one, her father, Clark started dating Erin almost two years later, the woman loved her like a daughter from the first moment and Emma was grateful for all the love Erin had given her over the years. She typed a quick message to her stepmother thanking her for the flowers and that she would call her the next day.

She picked up the card that was with the white tulips as soon as she sent her message to Erin. It was from one of her best friends, and for a moment she for confused when she read the card

"Welcome home Little Miss Sunshine, I am heading to KC in a few day to watch certain football game, I know I'll see you there. Love, TS."

Taylor in Kansas City to watch a football game? Emma couldn't be more curious, it was late but she knew Taylor would still be awake, so she quickly dialed her number. When the call ended Emma was still smiling, everything seemed so surreal! A concert at Arrowhead Stadium, a friendship bracelet and Taylor had found love on a certain football player from Kansas City Chiefs.

__________

FIRST CHAPTER!!! I really hope you guys like xx