SEVEN - DAY OFF

Emma was the first to wake up, for a moment she stood still enjoying the feeling of having Patrick's arms around her. It was one of the best feelings in the world.

She heard her cell phone vibrating on the bedside table and opened her eyes lazily as she reached out to pick up her cell phone. It was Taylor who was calling.

Emma tried to break away from Patrick's arms to get out of bed and leave the room because she didn't want to wake him up. However he just pulled her closer to him, she giggled when she realized he was awake. "Pat, you have to let me go" She said as he turned her around so he could see her. "No, I will never let you go" he said as he placed small kisses all over her face as she laughed.

The cell phone vibrated again, and she finally answered it, signaling for Patrick to be silent.

"Hello, Mrs. Travis Kelce, how are you?" Emma greeted her friend

"I'm fine, I guess. Have you seen any social media today? Travis and I are everywhere" Taylor said a bit apprehensively "I won't deny that I'm scared that Travis might find it to much, get scared and leave me" Emma's heart broke for her friend. She knew better than anyone the reasons behind Taylor's fears.

Patrick was paying attention to the conversation. Emma pressed the mute button for a second and explained to him that Taylor was afraid Travis wouldn't handle the pressure of the media. Patrick laughed and Emma lightly slapped his arm.

"Em, you can tell Miss Swift that she doesn't have to worry. I have never seen Travis so in love with someone as he is in love with her. And we are talking about Travis, did you see what happened when we went to White House, right?" I think he can handle the media pretty well" Patrick said laughing and Emma gave him a peck on the lips before turning her attention back to her cell phone

"Blondie, Travis Kelce, is not going to run away. That man is madly in love with you, reliable sources have confirmed this to me" she said winking at Patrick "Enjoy the moment and be happy, you deserve Taylor"

"He's going to be in New York next week. I'm thinking about going to see him play, what do you think?" Taylor said

"If you want, I'll go with you, I'll be in New York next week too! And you know that I hate to miss a Chiefs game" Emma felt her friend relax a little "Girls night out the day before the game?" Taylor asked. "I wouldn't miss it for anything" Emma said and then hung up the cell phone and throw it away.

"You are going to NYC" He said hugging her from behind and kissing her neck "How long will you stay away?"

"Just a few days, I am going on Thursday and I'll be back on Monday. I'm sure you won't even miss me" she said trying to avoid his eyes, she wanted to be missed by him

"You're so damn wrong Emma" he said looking into her eyes and she smiled "I'm gonna miss every second without you" he kissed her slowly. "I'll be at the game" She said between the kiss. "You better score a touchdown for me, Mahomes"

Patrick didn't have training on Monday, so they spent the whole day together, watching movies, eating popcorn, talking about life, and loving each other.

Patrick left after dinner. As soon as he was gone, Emma was already missing him.

It was almost one o'clock in the morning and Emma couldn't sleep. When her cell phone signaled that a message had arrived, she smiled when she saw who it was from:

P Mahomes: I discovered that I sleep better when I'm with you...

Emma quickly replied:

E Hunt: Me too... My bed never felt so big 😘❤️