// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 //

hiraeth - part sixty

»»——⍟——««

       The ground shook slightly as reality began to ripple all around them, similar to when Trunks had appeared, but on a bigger scale now. It was as if reality were trying to resist, splitting at the seams. And then, in the sky above, a tear began to form, startling the others, sending panic into their hearts.

Y/n acted fast, scooping Bulma up out of the time machine, flying to join the others, setting her down at Vegeta's side. Both Beerus and Whis were up as well, even Whis being concerned at this point.

"That is a time anomaly. Reality is beginning to split apart from being manipulated with. Were there other time machines we were not made aware of..?" Whis squinted his eyes down at Trunks and Bulma, but they both quickly shook their heads.

"N-No! I only had the one, nobody else had the ability to time travel. S-Surely Goku Black can't either, right? He's just a Saiyan!" Trunks exclaimed, trying to steady himself as the ground shook once more.

Trunks was correct, in that this Goku Black character should not have been able to time travel. There were no such devices besides mortal made ones, and if this were truly Goku, he was not smart enough to get his hands on a time machine, especially not one capable of shredding reality.

Trunks's eyes widened in fear as a hand stuck through the rip, grabbing its edges and tearing it open. Through the tear stepped out a man donning a black gi, his spiky head of hair and pure black eyes all too familiar. The man stared down at the others in shock, before smirking, his personality the exact opposite of Goku's.

"My, so this is where you ran off to, Trunks. I'm surprised you pulled off a feat such as time travel, surely with the help of Bulma..." He spoke. His voice sent shivers down Y/n's spine, sounding identical to Goku. He was in every aspect the same man as Goku, just with a much darker personality and intent. Goku Black chuckled, eyeing the others, taking in the sight of everyone's shocked faces. His eyes landed on the familiar purple sphinx, grinning widely. "You even managed to find Lord Beerus in this timeline, and so quickly too! Color me impressed, Trunks. I should wonder why you didn't put this much effort in your own timeline though."

"Shut the hell up! You know I couldn't manage any of this on my own! You killed all of my friends, my mother!" Trunks shouted, gritting his teeth as he seethed.

"Lord Beerus, look," Whis whispered, tapping Beerus's arm and catching his attention. "That ring that he's wearing. It's a Time Ring."

Beerus's eyes widened at the sight, realizing that was indeed a Time Ring. That meant that whoever this was, if it was Goku, was an extremely formidable opponent, and something that Beerus was now forced to investigate.

"I did you a favor, Trunks. That thing shouldn't have been tampering with time like this anyway," Black hissed, his choice of words for Bulma angering Trunks even further. Black's eyes landed on Goku and Vegeta, grinning maniacally at the sight. "I have always wanted to fight myself, get an idea of how much better I am now. I think I might just surprise you—!"

Black cut himself off as his eyes met a particular pair of e/c eyes. His silence as he stared at Y/n caught everyone's attention, noticing how she had also been completely entranced, staring at him with wide eyes.

"It's you. Y/n." Black stared at her in shock. His voice sounded the exact same as Goku's. It sounded like Goku was calling out to her.