𝑴𝒀 𝑭𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑶𝑫.

𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I had no idea what he had planned for the day, but it didn't stop my excitement for what was to come. For the last two days, Tom helped me pack up my bedroom and my apartment. Not once did he make me feel bad for my choice to move away.

He smiled. He joked. We laughed. A lot.

It was as if nothing was changing between us when we both knew that was the furthest thing from the truth. I think a part of him was excited for me or maybe that was my wishful thinking.

I got up extra early that morning since Tom said he'd be picking me up at nine. After I showered and washed my hair, I blow-dried it straight and went about my regular routine. Applying my usual make-up, I dressed in a pair of dark washed flared jeans, a white tank, and a cream and pink checked flannel to finish off my outfit. Throwing on a pair of combat boots, I grabbed my backpack purse and was on my way downstairs when I heard Tom at the front door talking to my mom.

"There you are, honey," she announced, opening the door a little wider to see Tom standing there with a bright smile on his face.

"Don't you look dapper this morning," I stated, referring to his pearly white teeth on full display. "Oh, Johanna," Mom whimpered. "This will be the last time you're going to be walking down those stairs." "Mom... please don't start crying again."

Tom chuckled, "Like mother, like daughter. You've been crying for the last three days."

"And this will be the last time Tom will be picking you up," she added, wiping away more tears. "Mom, it's not the last time. I will come home to visit." "Yes, but it won't be the same."

"Jeanie," Dad spoke, walking into the foyer from his office. "Are you crying again?" "Oh, you! Our baby is leaving, and you haven't cried once." "Honey, she will be back before you know it. Do you remember when she was a kid and she couldn't stay away from us or Tom for more than a day?" He pulled her into his arms. "She'll be back sooner than you think. I know my girl."

"Daddy, you don't know that." He smiled at me. "You'll see. I know everything."

"Not that I want to break up this family moment, but we need to get going if we're going to make our reservations." Tom said.

"Reservations? Where are you taking me?"

Tom ignored my question, kissing my mother on the cheek before we left. I couldn't control my excitement in his truck, my knee was bouncing up and down until Tom placed his hand on my thigh. Grinning like a fool, he knew I hated surprises but secretly loved them at the same time.

It didn't take long for us to pull into the parking lot I instantly recognized. "I thought you said we had reservations?" "I lied." He jumped out of his Chevy and I followed suit. Opening the bed of his truck, I came to a complete stop when I realized what he'd done.