3 // DOUBLE THE PLEASURE (MMF)

3

Jackson and Nina entered their hotel room with smiles on their faces and love twinkling in their eyes.

Gabriel would be joining them soon, and that fact had Nina feeling way more affectionate than usual, something Jackson noticed through her persistent touches and kisses.

They separated long enough for Jackson to order room service. Nina kicked off her heels and walked over to the window to stare out at the glittering lights of the city. Her mind raced with a million thoughts, and the fluttering in her stomach never ceased. She felt trapped in a beautiful daze, one that cradled her like a warm blanket in the winter, and she placed the blame entirely on Gabriel.

He was the kind of man who etched himself into your memory with a single glance, a single touch, forever preventing you from forgetting about him. Nina initially wanted this night to be about sex and nothing else, yet there was something that continued to nag at her from a place she couldn't pinpoint.

Something that severely affected her emotions.

Even though it hadn't happened yet, Nina felt a growing sense of dread at the thought of saying goodbye to Gabriel for good. That inevitable moment when she and Jackson would have to leave town, and leave Gabriel behind, loomed over her like a dark cloud.

Jackson was by her side within seconds of hanging up the phone, shielding her from the figurative rain.

"I don't like the look on your face," Jackson murmured from behind her, his lips brushing against her ear before dipping further down to plant a kiss on her neck. "You're thinking too much when you shouldn't be. You've got to try to relax, love. Everything is going to work out."

"And if it doesn't?" Nina asked. "What if he changes his mind at the last minute—"

"Then we will find ourselves a new Gabriel to play with," Jackson laughed.

Nina playfully rolled her eyes. "You have an answer for everything, don't you?"

"When it comes to keeping a smile on your pretty face, I'll pull an answer out of thin air and will do my  best to make it sound like the greatest thing you've ever heard," Jackson said.

"Thanks. I love you for trying," Nina said, leaning back into his embrace.

"Anything for you, wife." Jackson gives her hips a gentle squeeze before pulling away. "The food should be here in about thirty minutes, so I'm going to freshen up in the bathroom real quick. Feel free to join me..." He wriggled his eyebrows at her. "I know you want to."

"I'll be there in a minute." Nina waved him off with a laugh, then turned back to continue staring out the window.

The room felt ten times bigger without Jackson's presence. It wasn't as grand as a penthouse, but its generous size offered more than enough space for three bodies to fool around comfortably. It held a modern yet romantic feel; erotic paintings decorated the tan walls, the furniture was high-end, and the large floor-to-ceiling window offered a breathtaking view of the city and lake.