Chapter 12

Damian

"How long until they make their move?"  I ask Raven. She bites her lip.

"I can't be sure," she admits.

"Best guess, Raven," I ask more softly.

"A week. Maybe two."

"What are they going to do?" Father asks.

"Hell if I know, but it'll probably end up with a ton of innocents dead. We should bring the fight to them," she says.

"To hell, you mean?" Jaime asks.

"A hell dimension," she corrects.

"What? Hell's real?" Tony Stark interrupts.

"There are a lot of different Hell's. I've been to about.. eleven of them. That seems about right. They're all varying degrees of terrible," she says.

"How many are there?"

"I don't know, like three hundred?"

"Is that with, or without the dimensions that are now burning?" Constantine asks.

"Without. Just because it looks like hell, doesn't make it a hell dimension," Raven tells him.

"Zatanna would beg to differ," Constantine says.

"Zatanna can-"

"That's enough. We need to start planning," Father interrupts.

"Yes, what he said. We don't know what we're facing. We have to work together to be able to defeat evil," Steve Rogers says. Everyone from my dimension gives him a look that says are you  serious?

"Oh, shut your trap, America. We know what we're facing. And teamwork? Really, mate? Are you teaching grade school now?" Constantine demands.

"Hey! Teamwork makes the dream work! Haven't you heard the saying?"

"Of course not! I'm British, you stupid nimwit!" he shouts.

"That's rude! Don't call me names!" Steve yells.

"Enough. We have a real problem," Raven snaps.

"Raven's right. It's time for everyone to stop acting like children," Batman says.

"Half the people here are children! And there's a dog! Why, in god's name, is there a dog?!" Steve asks, pointing to Titus.

"This dog has done far more than you ever have," I snap, petting Titus. My precious little great dane.

"He's saved the world!" Tony Stark says.

"Oh, big deal. Everyone has, these days," I mutter. Raven nods in agreement.

"What? No they haven't!" Steve yells.

"Fine. It feels like everyone has these days," Raven compromises.

"Yeah, hey, Clark, hasn't your wife saved the world once?" Gar asks.

"And Bruce, hasn't two of your ex girlfriends, and your current one?" Jaime asks.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." both Father and Kent drone off.

"Okay, okay, we get it. How did we even get on this topic?" Natasha asks.

"Who knows?" Kori asks, shrugging.

Not part of the story, but is this the new dualingo app cover thing or is it because I've ignored it for so long it melted?