Chapter 6: Beginning of the End

However, their plans were disrupted when the Camarilla attacked Fort Salem. Tally and her sisters fought back, and Tally unexpectedly experienced a vision, despite having given up her Sight. The vision showed Raelle losing control of a witchbomb.

Tally called out to Alder through their bond. Meanwhile, in Africa, Alder felt a desperate tug and raced to Tally's location, where she learned of Tally's vision. They discovered that Abigail held the final piece of the first song and that they needed to sing it together during Raelle's detonation of the witchbomb.

The Mother released Alder from her service after their success, and Tally and her sisters became Goddesses, helping when needed. Tally and Alder found a quiet life together in a cabin near Fort Salem. One day, Tally became violently ill and learned she was pregnant. Both she and Alder were surprised but overjoyed. The Mother had gifted them a child, a symbol of their love and for all that Alder had sacrificed for witch-kind.

Alder can't believe that after all the hardship she went through, it was all worth it because she found her songmate, the love of her life and now she has a daughter on the way. She farspeeched her other daughter to come to the infirmary, tell her the news. Anacostia was thrilled for her mother and had already decided that she would spoil her little sister when she got there. Despite all the hardship and heartbreak she went through, all was right in Sarah Alder's world as long as she had her songmate and daughters.