Chapter 3

Learning how to use legs proved to be more difficult than I originally thought. I can barely stand, let alone walk. Looking down at my legs they look like they are made to support a creature with four legs instead of a creature with two, how fun. My arms are the exact same length as my legs so that took a lot of getting used to because it is awkward, my body feels disproportionate compared to when I was a human girl and that wasn't as weird as this. I fell over multiple times until I got into a rhythm.

I stumbled through the bland and repetitive halls of Heavy Containment, using the walls to support myself. I got better and better at walking as I kept doing it until I could do it effortlessly. I unfortunately lost track of time while learning to walk and while doing other things so I have no idea how much time is left until the nuclear option. It’s not like they keep an anomalous clock that tells you the time when you want to know what time it is. At least now I can walk normally, so at least there is that on my side.

I sneakily (although awkwardly) walked through the halls of Heavy Containment, being cautious to avoid any noises I didn’t like the sound of, focusing on any noises that made themselves known. As I walked through the halls a very repetitive noise made itself known. I focus on the noise and all I hear is buzzing that sounds like static on a TV. It could be a radio. Accompanying the sound is also another but not as repetitive noise. It sounded like a man in pain. The man appeared to be suppressing the noise he is making but isn't doing a great job. The sound gradually got quieter although I was getting closer. By the time I reached the injured man the noise stopped completely. It was a terrible sight to behold. Blood leaked from the man's chest as if he’d been eviscerated (Like how I was). He is slumped over, clearly dead. They also appeared to be a Security Guard based on their uniform. Next to the corpse is a radio and a pistol. The screen of the Radio cracked but sort of usable (maybe). The pistol however appeared to be in peak condition despite the blood stains. It appears to be a Com-15 by its shape.

I pick up the gun to check both the chamber and the slide but unfortunately the pistol is empty despite checking it multiple times and feeling inside the chamber.

However an empty gun isn’t a useless one. With enough confidence and playing a little game of pretend it is possible to make anyone believe it’s loaded. I raised the gun and readied to fire it at a moment's notice, keeping my finger off the trigger despite it being unloaded. It should scare off most D-Class and Scientists if being an instance of 939 isn’t scary enough as is. The Radio from the dead guy (may he rest in peace) should give some insight on what’s happening.

“SCP-3114 has ||||||-ed containment! Site-19 is compromised! Epsilon-11 going || arm the Alpha Warhead and ||| it |||!”

“Fuck!” I yelled out loud. This is bad! I gotta get to the Alpha Warhead now. I- Wait did I just speak?

I fiddled around with my vocal cords for a few minutes and managed to speak a few basic sentences that sounded human-like but my voice sounded off, sort of like I was speaking in semitones on a piano that didn’t have any. Ignoring that, the Warhead is top priority! I traversed the halls in a sort of fast walk through Heavy Containment searching for the elevator but it was very difficult. The awful design often had me returning to places I’d already been to. On more than one occasion did I encounter 049 and 096. If 096 was somewhere I would suddenly be missing from that area, same for 049. I don’t want to push my luck with them, especially 096. 
I saw other things like the Cure-all pills and the hat that sends you to another dimension but they were locked behind a Keycard-only door. Not like I'd beable to use them.

I eventually made it to the Alpha Warhead and saw a horrifying sight. The skeleton of a Human person, laid spread across the floor, as if the skeleton was torn out one piece at a time. I nearly gagged as I continued into The Alpha Warhead elevator and pressed the button to go down. After nearly vomiting (I think I was going to vomit at least) I got impatient while waiting for the elevator to reach the Warhead room and began speaking my thoughts with my barely-used voice:

"These elevators should be faster, they are way too slow when it comes to getting to such an important room.” I sighed, I guess they would rather take their time. 

“If I was facility manager the first thing I’d do is fix the layout”

“I hate this place so much”

“Why would they keep so many dangerous SCPs in one place?”

My wait ended when the doors began opening and I could finally disable the Warhead. I impatiently walked to the control panel and touched all the levers and buttons until the warhead decided to go into cardiac arrest and shut down. Permanently. Next to the control panels that I just mangled is some body armor. It might fit me if I work it a bit.

I decided to put the armor on and barely managed to get it on like a fat guy stretching a shirt that is a little too small for him. So now I currently have a Radio, Body armor (it's a little heavy), and an unloaded (or is it?) pistol. Would be nice to have a holster for the pistol. But robbing a dead man of his equipment is enough, taking his clothes would just be evil. Besides, I don’t need the holster (it'd make me look stupid and it likely wouldn't fit). I walked back into the slow elevator and pressed the button to go back up. I made the executive decision to sleep. Bet I could finish a nap before the elevator doors open.