Chapter Ⅳ: Winners and Losers

The hammer landed with a loud "CLAAANG!!!" and the match began in a flash... and also ended in one. Marika had rushed towards the young warrior in training without even thinking, not giving him much time to think either. Slashing her sword sideways, her blade met metal as he pulled up to block, seeming a little panicked at the sheer speed of her assault, but he quickly steeled himself and held firm.

Marika-"Hehe, good block. You've actually got a decent grip on your blade."

Riley-"U-uh, t-thank you?- Ack!"

He quickly ducked down as she let her blade off and spun to the side, raising her leg for a kick to the head that he just barely dodged. The fight soon continued, with Marika launching a fierce assault, but Riley was actually holding his own, using the both ends of the halberd to deflect blows as he spun it in his hands, actually showing off a lot of practice and finesse with his deflections, and Marika had a smile on her face from how much fun it was to her. Zack himself was a little surprised at the boy's skill, watching as he swept for her legs with the axe blade, Marika jumping over it and landing in a crouch as he reared back for a precise stab, aiming for her stomach to try and touch a vital area to count for victory.

Zack-'You know, the guy's not half bad. With his reactions he might actually have a chance at this.'

He watched as he gripped tightly, before stabbing forwards, striking with enough speed and force to probably knock the red wolf over.

Riley-"Now you're mine!"

Marika-"Actually-"

Marika then jumped high as he lanced forward, flipping over him completely before landing behind him, turning around and dashing at him while swinging upwards, with Riley just barely turning in time to block.

Hollow-'You were saying?'

Zack-'I still have faith, he hasn't made any mist-'

And soon after blocking, she ducked one of his return swipes, stepping close and putting herself under his arms before he could step back, shoving her own arms up and his apart as he dropped his halberd from both the force of her move, and from another factor...

Zack-'-aannnd he's done for.'

Marika-"You're MINE!"

And just like that, she locked him in a hug, wrapping her arm around his head while the other grabbed one of his own arms and held it to try and stop him from struggling. However, there wasn't really much struggling, because as soon as she made contact, he froze up and turned stiff. Reason? His face currently getting pressed against her bust. The crowd cheered the two of them on at first, but once that move was pulled, it was replaced with a few chuckles and gasps. Zack facepalmed, not surprised by the grab at all, but still a little disappointed by the fact that of all the ways he was going to lose, it was death by girl hug. Marika squeezed tighter trying to make it so that escape was impossible, but also once again oblivious to the fact that her hug was currently a very effective suffocation hold.

Marika-"You're definitely fun to fight, but the only one who can escape my hugs with ease is Zack and Nina, so let's see you get out... of... eh?"

She tilted her head as he went limp in her arms, and she felt all resistance leave him.

Marika-"Uh, hey? You okay down there?-Ohhh, you're just enjoying it right? If you wanted free hugs you could've just asked, but I guess fighting for one is fine t-"

She paused as she felt a wet spot on her chest, and looked down to see a trickle of blood falling to the ground, and she blinked in confusion as his head tilted back, his eyes rolled to the back of his head with his nose bleeding and his face red as a tomato. Marika then went into a slight nervous panic, holding him by the shoulders as she sweat dropped..