Chapter 3 | The Nightmare

After a while Aubrey said goodbye to Sunny and left, it was already getting dark so Sunny decided to get ready to sleep, some police sirens could be heard in the distance, it was unusual...
The town was usually quiet, but Sunny didn't care much about it and continued sleeping.
Basil had trouble sleeping, he was a little cold and sleeping on the ground , he had stopped crying but he still felt the sadness that invaded his heart in a painful way, he felt that he had lost everything, his friends, those who took care of him, his best friend, everything...
He still felt that lump in his throat and tried to sleep still with the fear that they would find him at that moment although he had already resigned himself to what they were going to find him.
Sunny on the other hand also had trouble sleeping, he felt like something was wrong but he still tried to force himself to sleep. When he finally could do it he began to dream of something familiar, it was a picnic like when he was younger. There were his friends, Basil wasn't there, probably because his subconscious was suppressing seeing him around for now. He saw Aubrey, it was like in his memories, he saw that beautiful black hair and those dark eyes that captured him so much the first time.
He saw that she had a cute dress on in her favorite color, pink, with little white flowers printed on it. He couldn't help but feel his heart race and his eyes water a little, but why? Because he began to feel somewhat nostalgic, to see her with that sweet smile that he liked so much, when her eyes still had a shine...
His dream was lucid so without thinking he lay down on her lap, he had never dared to do that in real life, She felt warmth and comfort as she did so... The Aubrey in his dream was a little surprised but started caressing his hair, for Sunny this was the perfect dream.

Until suddenly everything began to distort, like those horrible nightmares he had years ago, the ones that tormented him so much, He saw how all his friends were deformed, his breathing became labored and he suddenly woke up suddenly

It was 5Am.

Basil meanwhile was still in the greenhouse, he could barely sleep due to discomfort and sadness. Suddenly one of the employees of the place came in and found him, Basil felt very weak so he didn't even try to explain anything and just let the worker report him to the police and take him back home. The police took him home, Poly was very worried but Basil didn't even flinch, he was soaked and dirty and just wanted to shower and go to bed to cry and get some sleep. And that's what she did, she took a shower, put on some pajamas and got into bed to cry some more.
He could hear Poly talking to his parents on the phone, they were upset with him for everything that happened and They announced that they would admit him to the psychiatric center tomorrow, he felt devastated.

Sunny left his tent and left it armed in an area that was a little hidden by chance and decided to go for a walk so he could go see his friend, He was walking towards the exit of the forest and met Aubrey again who was about to enter to look for him

Aubrey:"Oh? I see you're up early..." She says in a calm yet slightly nervous voice
Sunny:"Hey Aubrey, I didn't thoug I'd find you here so early, it's nice to see you" he says while looking a little shy at the ground.
Aubrey:"W-well..." She blushes a little "I wanted to invite you to eat, you know... So you wouldn't be alone."
Sunny:"I... Yeah, I think your company would do me good after having a bad dream..."
Aubrey:"Oh what would you do without me, knucklehead" she says in a still a little nervous way but with a slight smile as she hugs his shoulder and starts walking with him.
Sunny:"I thought you were with your gang or something"
Aubrey:"You are more important to me right now, they can wait..."

Nobody yet knew about Basil, he was still at home but the neighbors were already finding out that he had fled so rumors began to spread in the town

Nobody yet knew about Basil, he was still at home but the neighbors were already finding out that he had fled so rumors began to spread in the town. Soon one of the holigaans members would inform Aubrey about what had happened via text message. Sunny and Aubrey had already arrived at the cafeteria and were sitting together at the table, they were talking about the move and other things while waiting for their food when Aubrey's phone rang with a notification.
Aubrey: "Hmm? Wait a minute Sun, I'll see what it is..."
She takes out her phone and begins to read the message, while Sunny watches as the waiter brings them their food and he begins to bite into one of his pancakes calmly.
He suddenly notices how Aubrey's expression changes to a more serious and a little surprised one as she reads the message, she didn't think Basil would do something like that, because well, for her Basil was a clumsy and she didn't think that he could escape from a place like that easily or much less hide since he is usually fearful.
Sunny:"um, is everything okay?" He asks a little worried "is it about Basil?..."
Aubrey:"Apparently so... They say he escaped from the psychiatrist last night but they already caught him this morning. It's weird, he wouldn't do that, at least not suddenly."
Sunny:"I'm still a little worried, maybe I should go see him after breakfast..."
Aubrey: "...Fine, I'll accompany you. I don't trust him after what he did to you anyway" She says with a sigh before starting to eat her pancakes too.
So they are both having breakfast while thinking about what they will do next.