🔥Chapter 54🔥

YALL I JUST CHECKED THE STATS ON THIS BOOK AND IVE GOT ALL AGES AND PEOPLE FROM ALL CONTINENTS READING THIS (SORRY TO EXPOSE YOU) BUT OMGOMGOMG THIS MEANS THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING WORLDDDDDDDD 

——————

"You'll find out who is going to take the rest of the injections today." Oleg says, eyeing me carefully. 

I don't speak. 

I simply nod my head and stare at the concrete wall, twisting my split lip with my finger. He sighs, dipping a warm cloth into some antiseptic and starts dabbing my lip. Though he was only 12 years my senior, I felt that he was a fatherly figure more than a friend. He was there for me when Vladlen would hurt, abuse or assault me. 

He sighs, "you know you will have to speak at some point."

I nod, clutching my belly.

"Look, I've got a plan to get you out." He whispers, and my neck snaps up to look at him so quickly that I fear I've broken it. 

"You need to take the injection first though because god know what Vladlen would do if he had power like that."

"W-what do you mean," I croak.

He smiles encouragingly, "the injections give power. Like superpowers. It sounds mad, I know but it's true."

So...so I was going to have a superpower. 

No fucking way. It wasn't going to work and it wasn't real.

"So what I'll do is-"

He was cut off by the door banging open and Vladlen walks in grinning widely, displaying his crooked and rotten teeth. For a second I think he's caught Oleg before he says, "meet the soon to be powerhouse of the Russian mafia."

And in walks... Leah.

What. The. Fuck.

"Leah," I hiss. "What the fuck are you doing?" 

She simply smiles her eyes turning into devilish slits, "you had the reputation of being one of the most well trained and deadliest people. I tried so fucking hard but you know with my dad being a sexist bitch and my brother focused on building an empire: i just couldn't beat you. You still owe me a fight and once you've had that injection I'll make sure to have that fight and kill you."

She never swore and she just said she was going to kill me.