CHAPTER 2: FRIENDLY ENCOUNTER.

"so y/n, have you ever dated anyone?" nami smirked, nudging your shoulder.

your cheeks turned a rosey pink as your eyes widened, flustered by her strange question.

"e- eh? umm, not that i remember.." you mumbled, looking away from the two girls.

nami chuckled.

"it's alright if you haven't! now, want me to show you your next class and others?" nami continues.

you smiled gleefully.

"yes!"

after arriving, you sat in a seat awkwardly as everyone chatted. you didn't know anybody, so you quietly sat there, looking around like a lost puppy.

"hey," a voice called out behind you.

you perked up and turned around, seeing a huge man with black hair and cute freckles.

"you're new here, right?" he asked, now taking a seat next to you.

"u- uh, yes!" you squeaked, intimidated by his presence.

'he's kinda hot.'

"welcome to hell. portgas d. ace, but just call me ace, cute stuff." he winked, holding up his hand.

you slightly blushed from his forward interaction and hesitantly accepted his hand, feeling the warmth around your palm and the back of your hand.

"y/n l/n, but please call me y/n." you mumbled, retracting your hand back to your chest.

"y/n, huh?" he said, admiring your face.

you nodded timidly, looking at his face.

he had an orange hat on his back, from the strings around his neck and rather defined muscles that you couldn't help but look at.

ace notices you looking at him but decides to not bring it up, afraid of scaring you off.

"ace!!" another voice yelled from outside of the hallway, gaining the attention of the both of you.

suddenly, a boy barged into the room, huffing and puffing.

he had a noticeable scar below his left eye with a straw hat on his bag.

"how could you leave me at home!!" he yelled at ace, stomping towards the both of you.

ace sighed, annoyed by his.. friend?

"you really need to set an alarm, dumbass! i can't just keep waking you up!" ace yelled back.

he scowled at ace before he spotted you, his expression disappearing.

"huh? who are you?" he asked you, his attention now on you.

"um, y/n.." you answered quietly.

"oh, nice to meet you! i'm monkey d. luffy, but just call me luffy!" luffy introduced rather proudly.

ace rolled his eyes.

you smiled, glad to have made two friends.

suddenly, someone grabbed both ace and luffy's ear, making them wince in pain.

"o- ow! what the hel!"

"let go! ow!"

you saw someone between luffy and ace, frowning.

"you guys shouldn't leave your brother alone," he scolded, now letting go of their ears.

they both rubbed their ears in pain, as the middle person went up to you and boldly grabbed your hand.