CHAPTER 4: CHECK UP ON ME, DOCTOR!

you walked to the clinic, limping in pain. they sure did a number on your ankle, it's probably sprained.

the word, 'clinic' caught your vision, your eyes lighting up.

as you knocked on the door, you could hear a faint voice that said, "come in."

as you walked in, you saw a student with a white coat over his school uniform. you spotted a slim and tall guy who had faint shadows under his eyes. his eyes are yellow in color and wears a fur hat which has a white spotted pattern and a bill. he also has short dark hair with sideburns and a small goatee.

you spotted his tattoos on his hands, showing the word DEATH; with a black cross on the back of both of his hands.

how edgy.

"uhm, excuse me..." you perked up, gaining his attention.

he examined you, wondering what you had to say.

"do you know where the nurse is? i have a sprained ankle and i need an icep-" you explained before he rudely interrupted you.

"i can get you one. i am a nurse-in-training if you couldn't tell-ya..." he said, walking up to a fridge and pulling out an ice pack.

oh.

you awkwardly looked away, pretending to admire the typical school clinic.

how were you supposed to know that?!

"here, come sit." he said, motioning you to come over and take a seat on a bed.

"oh! no, it's okay, really! i just wanted the-" you spoke timidly before he interrupted you once again.

"please sit on the bed" his tone completed.

you shut your mouth and obediently did what he asked, walking up to the bed and sat down. you felt the mattress creak from how old it was and the soft covers below your thighs.

he went in front of you and kneeled down with one knee up. he patted his knee.

"put your foot on top of my knee so i can help you. you don't want to kneel down, do you?" he said, looking up at you.

your face flushed embarrassingly, your hands immediately rushed to your red cheeks.

"w- what?" you stammered.

he continues to look at you with his golden eyes, a glint of patience was found.

you sighed.

you slowly lifted up your feet and plopped it down on his knee gently. he then took off your shoe, leaving your feet exposed. he then placed the ice pack on the side of your ankle where it was red, making you shiver from the cold plastic of ice.

"what's your name?" he asked, still focusing on your sprained ankle.

"o- oh! my name is y/n..." you answered awkwardly, looking away to look at something else.

he hummed in response.

"i am trafalgar d. law, just call me law." he spoke.

you nodded, looking at how he worked with your ankle.

he was serious but gentle with the whole procedure, making sure that you were okay.

you smiled.

what a sweet guy! he's also pretty handsome... his gold piercings are so cool!

he gently carried your legs onto the bed, leaving the ice pack next to your ankle.

"leave it like that for a few minutes, i'll write you a pass just in case the teachers question you-ya." he said, standing up and walking towards a piece of paper and pen.

you nodded, watching him walk away to do his own thing.

you just sat there on the bed, waiting patiently as time went by. it was pretty awkward since no one was talking... at all.

he suddenly cleared his throat.

"you're free to go but before you leave, make sure to sign out on the clipboard." he said, handing you the clipboard.

you took it and signed it with your first and last name, handing it back. as you stood up, law came up to you with a lollipop.

"here, since you did well on your first day." he said, handing you a lollipop.

you smiled.

"thank you!" you gratefully took the lollipop and took the pass, heading out the door.

"bye bye, law!" you waved before you left, leaving him alone with a small smile.

as you walked in the hallway, it was pretty empty since class has already started.

good thing law gave you a pass.

as you turned a small corner, you encountered a group of boys blocking the hallway. they unfortunately spotted you, smirking.

"oi, little girl!" they called out, alerting you.

you nervously looked at them. the leader seemed to have red hair. they all stared in your direction, looking intimidating.

what do you do now?!!

END.