Chapter 3

I saw Aireen's smile fade when the door opened and the guy next door emerged.

"What the hell are you doing here?" mataray nyang tanong sa... oh my fucking goddesses. This man in front of us is hotter than Sahara. Can I drool?

The god, I mean, guy, smirked at Aireen like he knew all her secrets. Wait, bakit ganun ang reaction ni Aireen? Is this her ex-boyfriend? 'Yung iniyakan nya last year na iniwan sya for an older woman?

"Aireen! How did you find me?" the guy's eye flitted to mine. "And who's this with you?"

"Wala," Aireen snapped and dragged me back to my unit. "Let's go."

She slammed the door behind us and started ranting. "I can't freaking believe na sya ang kapitbahay mo! Sorry, Sera, but you are so unfortunate in the housing category." Ano raw?

I stifled a laugh. "Sya 'yung ex mo?"

Her eyes widened at my statement. "What? Hindi no! That guy is my older brother, Aidan."

"Seriously? Your brother is so hot, Ai. How dare you keep him from me?" I accused her but I really wanted to laugh.

"Ew, madiri ka, Serafina Lynn. You're talking about my brother here."

"No way. He's so hot kaya," I teased.

"Ugh, no way. No way." Hinawakan nya ang magkabilang balikat ko. "You are my bestest friend in this world since unemplyment. Promise me you will not hook up with my brother."

I grinned at her and raised my right hand. "I promise." If I can help it.

We were in the middle of the movie when someone knocked on the door. I stood up when Aireen grabbed my arm. "Where are you going?"

"Bubuksan ko 'yung door. May kumakatok."

"Wag! Baka si Kuya 'yun."

I looked at her like she's paranoid. Oh wait, she is. "Praning. What if yung landlord 'yun?" I shook my head and walked to the door.

Pagbukas ko, Aireen's brother suddenly entered my unit, leaving me in shock. The dude just walked past me without even acknowledging me, or making me aware of what's happening.

I stood frozen by the door. Then I heard Aireen's raised voice and her brother's manly, velvety one.

"Fuck off Aidan! No one invited you here."

"Ah, little sister, learn to respect me. Call me Kuya. Is that too hard?"

"I'm calling Mom. Isusumbong kita. Na kaya ka umalis sa bahay so that you can fuck all the girls that you want."

Lumapit ako sa magkapatid. Aireen was fuming mad while Aidan was mockingly smiling at her.

It was a sight to see these siblings bicker. They are both good looking kasi.

"You try, Aireen. You just try. I'll tell dad about your affair with a married man."

"Whoa!" pumagitna na ako sa kanila. "TMI dudes, Way too much information." I looked at Aidan. "You need to leave." I pointed to the door.

He raised both hands in surrender. Tapos eh lumabas ng unit ko. Sinundan ko sya just to make sure and locked the door when he was outside. Bumalik ako kay Aireen and her eyes were brimming with tears.

"Your brother is a douche," I told her.

"Yeah," she murmured. Napaupo sya sa couch and big fat tears ran down her cheeks. "Putang ina. Putang ina nya talaga. Why did he have to remind me of my ka-gagahan? I was moving on. I'm about a hundred percent from completely forgetting about my mistakes tapos..." she trailed off and grabbed a pillow and threw it on the floor.

"Hey," I rubbed her shoulder in assurance. "You can talk to me, you know."

She smiled bitterly, "Thanks."

That night, I let Aireen sleep over. Jusko, had I known she was a very heavy sleeper, di sana ako pumayag. Being a good host na sobrang napilitan because I can't stand other people sleeping in my OWN bed, sa couch ko sya pinatulog.

I woke up early because I could not sleep anymore. Hindi kasi ako sanay na may ibang tao sa unit ko and it bugs me.

Nadaanan ko si Aireen na mahimbing na natutulog sa couch. Nakasampay ang mga binti nya sa sandalan at bukas rin ang bibig nya. I shook my head and headed to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge. I don't usually use my kitchen except for times when I get hungry, or when I'm feeling adventurous.

Today, I'm feeling hungry.

I whipped up some scrambled eggs and toasted some bread. Meron naman akong supply ng orange juice from last weekend's grocery shopping.

I decided to wake Aireenup.

"Hoy Aireen, get your lazy ass up. Breakfast is ready," I told her and shook her arm.

"Huh?" she looked at me then stood up.

Iniwan ko sya at bumalik sa kusina. Sumunod naman

sya and we ate in silence.