Chapter 17 - Jannat

~Eight years ago~.

Warm.

Home.

Jannat.

That's what it felt like.

She lay in his bed, wearing his white shirt with his arms tightly wrapped around her. Resting her head on his chest, she ran her fingers down his chest, listening to his heart beating. The most comforting sound in the world. Blushing, she noticed the deep red marks she had left from her nails on his chest.

They had been wild.

Unstoppable.

No one could have guessed that it was their first time.

Their first time making love.

And that too after her first ball, he had whisked her away for the night. No one expected where the night would take them.. but one thing had led to another. And it was only a matter of time before two souls became one.

Akshara smiled, leaning in and pressing a kiss to his chest where his heart lay. Her whole entire heart carried in one human being.

She chuckled as he sensed the movement in his sleep, pulling her closer. "Love you" he mumbled like a child in his sleep.

She smiled, leaning up and pressing a kiss to his forehead this time. "I love you so much Abhi" she whispered, the tears in her eyes bubbling from how lucky she had been to call him hers.

Abhimanyu tugged her closer again so she was cocooned entirely in his arms. Her safe place.

"Akshara I can't ever let you go..." he whispered in his sleep, "you are my entire world".

Akshara pressed kisses on his jaw, "you and me..." she whispered

"Forever baby" he whispered back peppering kisses in her hair.

***

Sometime the same night, after falling back asleep, she heard an annoying ring that would not cease.

His phone.

On repeat.

Scrunching her eyes, Akshara wrestled in his arms as she felt him slowly get up, moving away into the distance.

Akshara whimpered as it suddenly got colder and she yearned for his comfort immediately, tossing and turning to feel him against her again.

"Abhi..." she groaned in her sleep, trying to find him.

The ring finally stopped and she sighed, waiting for him to return back to her.

Abhimanyu leaned down next to her, moving down to press a kiss on her swollen lips.

"Sleep Akshu... I'll be right back" he whispered, gripping his phone with his hand.

***

Except he never did.

She never saw him again.

Not for another eight years.

Until she saw him at Club 86.

There was one absolute fact that existed in her life.

One truth.

And that was... losing Abhimanyu had changed Akshara's life.

She was sure she had died that night.

Not returned back to herself ever again.

All her emotions were empty.

Her life empty.

Without him, she had forgotten how to smile and instead befriended alcohol and battled anxiety.

He was not just her life's greatest love.

But her only love.

And that is why when he had come back, she had not been able to see him again.

Losing him once had killed her.

Losing him twice would wipe her very existence she knew.

So she had kept her distance.

Unsure how she had ended up... exactly where she was.

Eight years ago.

One more update tonight, I promise.. will be waiting for your thoughts on this one! 

N x