Chapter 4

Time seemed to be going by extremely fast. One minute I was sitting in second period and now we are getting on a bus to go to Worship Saint. Corra couldn't seem to stop shaking, she was still clearly upset about having to be paired with another Dom.

'The school is really pretty', Corra whispers out while looking out the window. I nod my head and look to see all the teachers standing outside.

"Heads down and no speaking unless spoken to, we need to set a good example with them before we merge", Coach V says. "And doms, just don't be dicks", they all start laughing. The bus parks and we all wait for the doms to get off first before we follow after.

The teachers of Worship Saints were all lined up with ours, talking about who knows what. All Worship Saint girl had their heads down as our doms walked past them, poking them or bumping into them on purpose. Trying not to look up even though I can feel eyes on me, familiar eyes.

The gymnasium was very big, bigger than our and it had tons of banners hanging on the wall from championship games they have won. I see the football banner and it had every single year the school has been open. This is not good for us. I tuned out the professors as they talked about something regarding the school and the combining of the two. I was too stressed about the fact I have to go dance infant of a huge group of doms. My heart was beating in my chest, I have never been so scared in my life. The other girls had just performed and it was nothing compared to this. Walking onto the cheer mat which sat in the middle of the basketball court, we faced the doms and waited for the music to start.

Their doms out numbered ours by at least 20, our school wasn't very big. They had different colored ties on and it looked like there was only 4 different colors. It was odd but, I lock eyes with Holden. He gives me a huge smile and I can't help but return it. I break eye contact and the routine starts. I distract myself with the flips and twists I have to do. I go up in the air and do our last stunt. We pause and the crowd or doms I should say, go crazy. Holden is clapping like crazy, I smile. He's so cute, i can't help but smile.

We walk off the mat and go to sit by the other girls. The teachers continue to talk to the doms about stuff and we stay until we are dismissed.

"Nova, I just wanted to tell u that you did amazing out there", none other than Holden.

"Thank you, Holden", I say as I look down at my lap.

"Can we talk, please", he asks. I look over at Corra who seems to be looking for Luke somewhere.

I nod and follow him.

He leads me up a familiar hallway.

He unlocks his room and we had inside. It's nicer than I remember.

"Nova, over the past week i've done a lot of thinking. I didn't handle that situation well at all. I should've let you say your piece, I only spoke for myself and didn't listen to you. You are so perfect and I was jealous and I'm sorry. There is no excuse, I just want to say I'm sorry", he speaks with his eyes low.

"Holden, I understand. I had gotten hurt bad my first week at Worship and I never have done anything like this so, I've just been told what to do and i was just scared that you'd be mad at me. You didn't do anything wrong and I really enjoyed my time here", I tried to explain.

"Nova, don't you think for a second i'd ever blame you for what happens at your school", he says.

I stood on my tippy toes and grabbed his face and kissed him. He placed one of his hands at the base of my head and pushed his fingers in my hair. I felt tingles all over my body, similar to the ones from lats time.

He pulled my ponytail a little and I let out a moan.

"Sorry", I whisper.

"Nova, the things I'd do to hear those over and over again", he whispered into my ear.