Chapter 2

"Tryouts went so good today, I think we nailed it", Corra says. She seems to be in such a better mood. "I know you were so good, everything is so solid", I say to her.

After changing we head up to our rooms, "Want to get dinner together, we don't have to wear our uniforms", she asks. "Of course, let me shower and change and i'll meet you at your door". She walks into her room and I head to mine.

After showering, I put my wet hair into two braids again and thrown on my black crop top and orange skirt with pink flowers on it.

As I was putting on my shoes, I hear a knock on my door. Getting up from my spot on the floor, I go and open it. "Hello", I say and all I see is a chest. I slowly look up at a boy who looks familiar . "Hey I'm Ace, I saw you on the field during 7th hour and you left this", he said handing me my necklace. "Oh my, thank you so much", I quietly say. He smiles at me and doesn't say anything. He stares behind me, giving hints he may want to come in. "Do you want to come in", he says sure and heads in.

"Sorry it's a bit messy, i'm going to dinner", "With", he questions. "Corra Peterson, we both cheer and I met her this morning", I say looking at my feet as he stands in front of me. "Oh, is that Ian's sister", I nod. "I think he's having a party in our common space, if you guys wanna come", I shrug my shoulder. "I don't know if Corra wants to go but, I'll ask her", he starts laughing.

He looks around my room with a confused look.

"Where are your sheets and blankets", he says. I point at the back of the door. "I have to get points to get them but, I don't know how they work", I say as I grab my cash card. "I'll fix that, I hope to see you later Nova", I blush and look at my feet.

He grabs my jaw and makes me look up, "Words Nova", I nod my head with restriction. "Yes sir", he smirks and leaves my room with me and we part ways.

Coming out of my room I see a blonde girl with a shocked look on her face standing by her door.

"Was that Ace Romano, leaving your room", I hear a girl yell from down the hall.

"Maybe, I don't know his last name", I say and head to where Corra room.

The girl walks back into her room with me and I can hear her giggling with her friends.

I knock on the door and Corra opens it, "come in". I walk in and see her room is fully decorated. "How did you get these", I say.

"Ian had one of his friends give me points, he might be an ass sometimes but he cares about me", she says as she puts her shoes on. She grabs her black jacket and we head off.

We begin walking down the hallway into the main area. "We are allowed to leave?"

"Oh no, they have places on campus for us to eat and shop at, since we can't leave". We head to the "off campus" part of campus.

"Oh look it's Ace", I say to Corra. "How do you know Ace", she blankly looks at me. "He gave me my necklace back that I left at practice, he was so sweet when we talked", she blinks a few times. "Be careful with him, my brother says he's bad news", I nod.

We decided on a small fast food place after seeing we only have $20 collectively.

I sat down and ate my nuggets and she did the same. "Ace invited us to a party that your brother is having tonight", she swallows, "He invited me but I didn't think you wanted to go". "I'll go if you go", we said at the same time.

We finish our dinner with small talk about ourselves and the school, we head back to the campus and see Liza talking to Ace and his friends. "Nova, Corra, my girls", she screams.