INCENSE

Welcome to my humble abode. The place I never like to leave, but always appreciate heading back to. Just enough space for me and all my groceries. And my dog. And my cat. And me. It's has perfect storage space, a beautiful back garden and a great office upstairs. I love the use of oak for the desk. My favourite type of wood. The smell makes me tingle; I have candles that recreate it. Fragrance is important to me. Very important. Incense has been placed in every bathroom this house holds. Which is two. My personal bathroom and a guest bathroom. They sit on opposite sides of the home, designed for privacy. Another factor I took into account when purchasing my new dream home. Modern design with a splash of farmhouse love. I can't get enough of it.

The incense I buy comes from a lovely start up shop that a friend recommended to me. Specialising in scents and toiletries, it has everything new home owners dream of. Or anyone moving out of their parents' home into their own place of residence. Conveniently placed for me, but don't worry. They deliver as well. Affordable prices and great sales. It has become my favourite place to buy my toiletries from. Anything else I can get from any other store. But that incense has to come from that place and that place only. No changes.

Maybe I'm obsessed. No. I am obsessed with it. And that's why I didn't notice them. I'm so stupid. It was the perfect plan. Lure me in with a gorgeous aroma, make me addicted to it so my house smelled like it everyday, then when the time is right, eliminate the target. In this case, it's me. No one will find me. I live alone. They followed me. They followed me home.

The incense. The item I loved so much, became the reason for my demise. My body joins others in the storage room. I can't stand it. But what can I do about it now? I can only watch from the beyond. Any screams I make are pointless. Just like when it happened.

It was too good to be true.