home again

{legolas's pov}

i sat beside the still sleeping aragorn and i stroked a few stray strands of his hair out of his face. it had been five hours since elrond had treated him and he looked to sleep peacefully. Now was one of the times i could just admire him, how kingly he looked, and also how handsome he was. just then aragorn shuffled closer to me and his eyes fluttered open, his grey eyes met my pale blue ones and he smiled at me.

" hello las" aragorn said and he sat up.

" estel, you need to-" i was cut short by lips pressing against mine and aragorn's arms pulling me closer to him.

he pulled away and looked me in the eyes, he cupped my cheek and whipped away the tears i didn't know i had running down my cheeks. i smiled and leaned into his touch.

" i love you, i love you so much." aragorn said softly.

" i love you too estel." i said and i kissed him again.

{ an hour later }

i spotted mirkwood in the distance and i was filled with joy, we had only been riding for about an hour but we had traveled with speed and i looked over at aragorn, just to be sure he was still ok.  the ranger looked like he could collapse, right then and there. i never would or could understand the man's stubbornness when it came to him not feeling well, i turned my horse so that i rode right beside him and i placed a hand on his shoulder.

" estel?" i asked and he seemed to snap out of his thoughts and he sat taller in the saddle and looked at me.

" yes?" he said and i noticed him flinch as if him changing his posture caused him pain that he tried to hide.

" are you sure you're feeling alright?" i asked and he nodded.

" of course! " he said putting on a smile.

i rolled my eyes dramatically at his lie, " eeeestelllll, stop lying to me." i pouted fakely and he blushed, i knew he found me cute whenever i would pout like this ( which was why i was doing it. )

" I'm not lying." he said.

{aragorn's pov}

i hate lying to legolas, i really do. I just- can't let him know about my, my pain that i am feeling from the poison that i know still flows in my veins.  i spotted a great stone bridge through the forest, we were almost home! i sped up to a steady trot on brego along with the other elves and we soon arrived at the stables.

once we were inside i stopped my horse and dismounted. i slipped brego's reins over his head and lead him to his stall, then i noticed something new on the wooden door. there was a name tag that read ' brego' and the stall beside it had a tag reading ' arod'.  i figured that this was a gift from one of me and legolas's friends and i reminded myself to find them and thank them later. i took off brego's tack and put it away and i saw legolas outside arod's stall and i walked up behind him.

" legolas?" i asked and he hummed a 'yes?' not turning away from arod's tack that he was fiddling with, " your plaits are messy, mind if i re-do them?" i asked already starting to unravel the blond hair.

legolas tried to turn in protest but i held him still, " estel, you dont know a thing about plaits!" he exclaimed and i started to plait the hair on the side of his head in his signature style.