Chapter 03

We have been drive for like 3 days. My dad said by sun down tomorrow we will be at our new house in London, England. I just stared out the window, I wasn't excited. I felt as if I was forgetting something. I reached into my pockets and grabbed the picture of our family. My eyes watered. Mom didn't deserve the life she had.. She didn't deserve to be left alone in that house. She's probably crying or smoking weed by now.

" Are you hungry Amy? " my dad asked me as we were pulling up to a near-by Denny's. I shook my head, but inside I was starving. I didn't feel like eating. I had lost my appetite the second I walked out the door. Maybe that's what I left behind. I chuckled quietly to myself, trying to make a joke to cheer myself up. As I got out it looked weird.. The building looked old and the voices of the wind made the sign creak in harmony with the whispers in the wind. It was creepy... Like a ghost town. Their was only a couple cars. I didn't trust this place..not one bit. It made my stomach knot up.

As we walked in it had a weird smell. Like old food and strong pesticides. I looked at my dad, with a ' are you serious ' face. He just chuckled and told me when a man's hungry, he will eat anything. I rolled my eyes. He always used stupid quotes to get out of awkward situations. As the waitress, around 29, greeted us to our table I noticed her small flirts with my dad. She was trying to get a tip... And not the tip that you add to a bill..

I glared at her. She smiled innocently at me and asked me what I'd liked, I just stared and glared at her. My dad was smiling and he was scrolling through the menu for the brunch. I saw the lust in her eyes. She touched my dad's shoulder, rubbing soothingly. I tapped my foot, getting irritated.

" what do you want love? " she smiled innocently at me. Getting out her pen and paper. " uh... Water would be good. I'm not really hungry. " she nodded and walked away, a little more sassy, trying to make her butt jiggle. Obviously getting my dad's attention as she walked away. I rolled my eyes and leaned my head on my hand. " I don't trust this place. It's old, it smells, and the waitors look like strippers about to perform a private show " I snap and I poke at a ketchup packet. My dad looked at me surprised, " I don't like your additude, young lady. You need to snap out of this. We left to start over, I don't want to hear it right now " he said and kept his eyes on the menus.

" I didn't want to come in the first place. I didn't want to leave mom. But you know what, sometimes you have to deal with the truth. No matter how fucked up it is. Huh dad? Dont lie. That girl was flirting with you. She's trying to get in your pants. And she thinks its cu- " I ranted before I got cut off. " Amy, enough! " he raised his voice. I rolled my eyes. I just looked down and put in my pin on my phone, making the unlocking sound. " give me your phone. " he said and handed his hand out. I looked up, " No. I'm just checking my pictures. God damn, I'm not telling mom about some stupid slut your going to fuck " I role my eyes. Before my dad could open his mouth to argue, she came back with my dad's food and my water.

" enjoy " she smiled. It was odd... Something was up. I looked at my dad. He had already paid. " let's go. " I grabbed his to-go box and walked out imediantly, not saying a word and as the waitor who served us walk past me, she shoulder slammed me. I just rolled my eyes and walked out slamming the door shut. I had enough. We just left my mom, she's depressed and she can't live on her own. She can't even pay for rent, to make matters worse some stupid bitch was rubbing up to my dad, obviously wanting his sausage. I'm just done. I wasn't ready to move away, I wasn't ready to forget, I wasn't ready to move on.

I'm not ready. And something seemed off about that building. I didn't trust it one bit, and it wasn't just that stupid waitress.. It felt cold, and dark in there. It wasn't safe...