Chapter 05

I opened my eyes. It was so quiet, it felt as if time had frozen. As I blinked hard a few times to focus my eyes I noticed my body was stiff, it hurt to move. I kept my eyes towards the cloudy sky, the dark clouds surrounded by tall fir trees. Did...did it rain? I felt around with my fingertips, I felt dew from wet grass. As my thoughts wondered I noticed my dad was gone. Suddenly a wave of panick struck. Where is my dad? I slowly sat up but every inch of my body burnt like fire burnt flesh. I winced in pain, How the fuck did I get here? I slowly stood up, every movement burnt and felt as if I took one more step I'd collapse.

I looked around, something smelt odd.. Not right. A strange fog took over the woods from the side of the road. The fog was so thick I could barely even see the dark thick fir trees. I felt trapped, claustrophobic if you want to be specific. The thick fog was suffocating my lungs, it felt like it was sucking up the air and I was choking like it was wrapping its arms around my neck. Towards deeper in the woods I saw a dim light, as if it was search lights. I tried to scream as loud as I could, but it was like my vocal cords had been ripped out, all that came out was a little squeak.

"HELLO? IS ANYONE HERE" The unknown called out. I weakly walked towards a tree infront of me, my body could barely move. I waved my hand up as a signal for help, but I got nothing as the fog was too thick to see through. I started crying, they can't just leave me here! They can't leave me in the middle of no where! Where's my fucking dad! I collapsed to the ground, my body was wounded. I developed a huge migraine, causing nauseas. Quickly I leaned over behind the tree and puked, it was painful as if someone stabbed my chest. I coughed and I just stared at the vomit on the dark muddy grass.. It.. it was red. As I stared at it my lips dripped blood from my mouth, but I had no cuts in my mouth.

I quickly unzipped my bloody jacket and saw thick sharp shards were stabbed deeply into my skin and flesh.  I lightly touched the blood on my soaked shirt, it seemed to be fresh so it hadn't happened that long ago, I'd say around twenty minutes ago. Suddenly I heard a huge explosion and looked up, a huge fire had started and I saw police officers, firefighters, and paramedics jump back. The FBI grabbed their security Shepard's and ran towards my direction, the dogs were barking like crazy, as if they had just found something dangerous. I raised my hands, police officers were flashing lights everywhere and yelling for anyone who might have been injured.  Suddenly a flashlight was aimed towards my direction and the dogs went crazy, they sprinted towards me and the officers followed. I was cold, I was scared, I was alone. 

"A SURVIVOR! WE FOUND ONE!" They yelled as more officers rushed to my side. We found one... Does this mean my dad is.. No.. He's not. I kept telling myself he wasn't, he couldn't be. They quickly picked me up and rushed me towards the firetrucks and ambulances that surrounded the area. It felt as everything was going in slow motion.. Like everything was beginning to slow down, they strapped me down onto a gernie and rushed me into an ambulance. I began to feel extremely tired, my migraine was only getting worse. The paramedics attached oxygen tubes to my nose to help me breathe better as my lungs were filled with gas fumes from the shattered car. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore.. My head hung low as my eyes shut. The last words I heard was Shards...head...deadly.