Nightmare

Reva's pov

My heart pounded in fear, as I cried out, "Mum... Mama... Papa... please don't leave me!" A sudden jolt brought me back from the recurring nightmare that had haunted me for the past eight years. My entire body shivered from fear , i was drenched in cold sweat, haunted by that dreadful incident.

No matter what I did, no matter how far I tried to escape my past, I always ended up in the same place the next day. I couldn't understand why I couldn't grow accustomed to it. With trembling hands, I reached for my panic attack pills in the drawer, hastily swallowing them with a gulp of water, marking the usual start to my morning.

I dragged myself out of bed and pulled back the curtains, revealing the breathtaking view of New York City. A deep sigh escaped my lips as I gazed at the city before me. To be honest, I missed India, but I had to bide my time. I couldn't allow my emotions to rule me; I couldn't risk messing everything up. I had waited for eight long years, and now, it was just a matter of a few more days. I was determined to make them pay, to make them regret every peaceful moment they had. It was my promise to you, Mumma Papa.

With these thoughts fueling my determination, I went about my morning routine, which included skincare, tending to my daily business, a relaxing hot bath, and a workout at the gym. I then got ready for another day at my company.