Day 1

"Do you really wanna go?"

We're organising my clothes on my luggage when Mom suddenly asked that question again. They're gathering here in my room, as if I'm an artist that they stan the most. Hindi makaalis-alis.

"'Ma, I already said I'll go," I say in a calm, patient voice. Ilang ulit na niya akong tinatanong, at paulit-ulit lang din ang sagot ko. Despite of the thing that my mother has doing, I stayed patient. "I wanted to spend my remaining days sharing my talent to others."

Even if it was the end of the world, I would really end up sharing my talent and skills to others, to somehow inspire them that no matter it's your last minute, don't let your emotions be over to your talent. Show yourself to the world.

"Ayaw mo bang..." Humina ang boses ni Mama. "Kami ang makakasama mo sa ilang araw na 'yon?"

I immediately averted my gaze. That question taken me aback. I wanted so bad to spend my remaining days with them. I spent the previous years without them as I focused on my piano lessons and all, ayaw kong... pati sa nalalabing araw ko, iyon parin ang iisipin ko. But what can I do? Aside from the fact that I don't want them to see me dying, even in my last minute, I wanna share my skills to others. To the Cruisers. To the guest of the biggest Cruise Ship in Asia, the one of made me here. The one who made me bloom. It was and will always be my pleasure to entertain their cruisers in my last minute.

"I wanted to spend it with you all. Of course, I love you. But this is an opportunity, Ma. An opportunity that I could be thankful for my whole existence. An opportunity that even it will be my last minute, I could be Ayra Gaile Reola, the great pianist."

I averted my gaze when I got no response. I stood up as I closed the luggage. I was about to carry it when a hand took it from me.

"I'll accompany you---"

"One more thing," I interrupted Kuya Stefen. "'Wag niyo akong sundan do'n. Kaya ko naman. Kakayanin ko."

Lies.

It was all a lie.

I don't want them to accompany me there just because I don't want them all to see me suffering. Baka kapag nakita ko silang nasasaktan ay mas masaktan ako.

Akmang kukunin ko na kay Kuya Stefen ang luggage ko nang iniwas niya 'yon sa akin. "Ako na."

"Kuya---"

"Gaile," he says, trying to warn me. "Ihahatid lang kita. 'Wag na matigas ang ulo."

Inihatid nila akong lahat sa labas. Akmang papasok na ako sa loob ng sasakyan namin nang makarinig ako ng hikbi. Huminto ako sa paglalakad, nagsisimulang mamasa ang mga mata. I turned around to see Khali crying. She's trying to wipe her tears away even though it was kept on falling from her eyes.

My heart hurt for seeing my younger sister cry. "Khali..."

She immediately shook her head, trying to plaster a smile at me. "No, I'm okay, ate. Really. Just promise me you'll enjoy yourself there, hmm?"

I stayed staring at her, to read her. Just then, I saw Cattleya scoffing at her side.

"Dramas," she mumbled before turning her back at us.

Before Cattleya could even leave us, Khaleesa spoke up, looking at Cattleya. "Can you at least cry for her?"

Catt looked at Khali, sarcastically smirking. "Really, Maeve? Cry? Do all sympathy matters on tears? Halatang immature ka."

"Cattleya, darling, don't say that to your sister. And Khaleesa..." Dad sighed. "Let's not talk about this. Let Ayra leave in peace."

Nagulat ako nang mapahagulhol si Khali, busy parin sa pagpahid sa luha niya. "Hindi, Dad, e! She's not showing any emotions! Parang okay lang sa kanya na may sakit si ate! Parang... wala lang sa kanya!"