chapter 3

Python ran towards the exit, hoping to escape before the bomb exploded. He didn't care about the rebels, or the Scorpion Den, or anything else. He only cared about saving his own life.

He reached the door and tried to open it. It was locked.

He cursed and used his magic again. He enchanted the lock to open for him, feeling another jolt of pain in his chest. He opened the door and ran up the stairs.

He heard a loud alarm ringing throughout the hideout. He saw other dragons running in panic, trying to get out. He pushed past them, ignoring their shouts and curses.

He made it to the street, and saw more chaos and confusion. Dragons were screaming and fleeing, scorpions were swarming and attacking, guards were fighting and dying.

He didn't stop to look at any of it. He kept running, hoping to find a way out of the Scorpion Den.

He heard a voice coming from the bomb, echoing in his head.

"Self-destruct sequence complete. Detonation in 10... 9... 8..."

Python felt a surge of terror. He realized he was too late.

He looked around, desperately searching for a place to hide. He saw a nearby alleyway, with a pile of trash and rubble. He ran towards it, hoping it would shield him from the blast.

He dove into the pile, covering himself with dirt and debris.

"7... 6... 5..."

He closed his eyes, and prayed to whatever gods might exist.

"4... 3... 2..."

He thought of his family, his friends, his home.

"1..."

He thought of his secret, his power, his curse.

"0."

He thought of nothing at all.

The bomb exploded.'''

A/N sorry that was short.

A/N 265 words