Chapter Four: Absolute Zero in May

The next day at school, everyone sat in the large auditorium for the student council president speech as a student started off the assembly while Mitsuru stood on the other side of the stage. 

"...That concludes the main portion of today's assembly. Next, we'll hear a word from the Student Council. Please welcome the new President, Mitsuru Kirijo from Class 3-D." 

Mitsuru: Thank you. 

She said as the student walked away from the microphone and the red haired senior started her speech for the entire school. 

Mitsuru: As I begin my term as Student Council President, I'd like to share with you my vision for the coming year. It is my firm belief that each of us must accept the responsibility of bettering our school. However, change cannot occur without sustained effort and an unprecedented level of commitment. That is why we must restructure our daily lives to accommodate this lofty goal. I'd like each of you to dig deeply into your well of motivation, and re-evaluate your convictions…To imagine a bold new future without losing sight of the realities around you. That is the key. I am certain that many of you have your own visions of the future… For us to reap the full benefits of our education, your participation, ideas, and enthusiasm are essential. Thank you. 

She said finishing her speech as all the students and even the teachers started to applaud as she walked back to the other side of the stage. And after that assembly, everyone went back to normal day classes in the afternoon and before long, it was evening and it was time to continue climbing up Tartarus and defeat Shadows on the new floors before coming to the same blockade of desks. 

And in May, after school, Junpei spotted Masato walking down the hallway. 

Junpei: Hey, Masato! 

Masato: What's wrong? 

Junpei: Me, Makoto and Yuka-tan are going to see Akihiko-san in the hospital getting a checkup. And I was thinking maybe you would like to come along, he asked me to bring him something. 

Masato: Sure. I don't really have anything else to do. 

He said before following the cap wearing teen to the school entrance where Makoto and Yukari were waiting for them. When they arrived at the hospital the gray haired senior was staying at, they found the room and entered it. 

As they entered the empty room, Junpei saw an older teen male with a maroon jacket on with a black hat as he glared at the four. 

Junpei: Umm… Is… Akihiko-senpai…? 

???: ….. 

Junpei: ...in the room? By any chance? 

He was a bit frightened by the male as Akihiko entered the room, as his left arm was now out of the cast as he saw the four and the teen. 

Akihiko: What are all of you guys doing here? 

Yukari: We came to see you! But… it doesn’t look like anything’s wrong with you. 

Akihiko: I’m just here for a checkup. 

Visitor: Is that it, Aki? 

The teen asked as he stood up from the chair as he glared at the gray haired teen. 

Akihiko: Yeah, thanks. 

Visitor: Tch… I don’t have time for this shit. 

He mumbled before walking out of the room before he glared at Junpei, who sweated from how intense the look was as he stood next to Masato, allowing the teen to leave. And once the beanie wearing teen left, Junpei took the chance to ask Akihiko who he was.