5. Word That Rhyms With Witch

5.  Word That Rhyms With Witch.

The plan was to avoid Ryder at all costs. Why? Because I couldn't bare to see his smirking when he rubs the fact that I slept with him in my face. Which I just knew he was gonna do.

Yesterday, hadn't been as eventful as I would have thought when I arrived at dad's, I expected a few arguments, at least. In fact, I was counting on it. But they didn't happen, I spent the remainder of the evening locked up in my new bedroom denying dad or Sally any communication with me.

At one point I could hear dad ranting about making me come down stairs to eat dinner with them but Sally told him to leave me alone, that I was gonna need time to get use to living here. Fat chance of that happening, I was gonna sulk until my last day here. 

As much as I disliked Sally (I couldn't say I hate her because to hate someone you'd have to know and care about them) she did win me over the tiniest bit by getting dad off my back. But she was still the bitch who my father cheated with. 

The only thing that wouldn't leave me alone that night was Sally's pesky dog, Bones. It just wouldn't piss off as much as I told it to go away. The thing took a liking to me, god knows why, someone should have really warned this poor dog that I wasn't a very friendly person.

I stood at my red colored, metal locker. Everything was red in this school, the doors, the lockers there was even a banner going along all the walls that was red. Psychologists prove that red is meant to make you more agitated and angry and what do the school go do? Make the main theme color that exact color. No wonder there were so many fights here.

My Chemical Romance blared through the speakers of my earphones, exciting my walk through-out the school halls. It was lunch and so far my plan to avoid Ryder had gone about perfectly. He hadn't been in either of my first 2 classes of the day and I just hoped he wasn't in my last 4 either. 

I unloaded my books into the locker and ripped the earphones from my ears, knowing that if Mrs Peterson caught me with them she'd take them away and never let me see them again. And that's when I heard it. The shocking news that turned my hole day tits up. 

"Did you hear?" A bleach-blonde cheerleader asked another girl in her high pitched, nasally voice. 

"What?" replied the other girl in an equally annoying tone. 

"You know, Max Simmons, the really hot guy that went to live with his aunt in Connecticut last year, he's back and hot as ever, may I add" 

My hole body immediately went rigged at the mention of Max's name, I could feel the blood draining from my face. An image came to mind. An image of a beautiful brown eye'd boy with muddy blond hair that swept to the side. My heart thudded. 

Max was back? When had he arrived? Why hadn't Toby told me? Max was Toby's best friend it's not like he'd just come back into town without telling Toby he was here, so why hadn't he warned me?

"Teagan, Baby, don't make me chose. You know I can't-" 

"Well, then there's really no point in me staying is there? I mean, if you really loved me then there would be no choice to make" 

"Don''t say that, I do love you, I just- I can't make that decision, please you have to understand- Baby? Teagan! Where are you going? Come back- Teagan!" 

 I shock my head clearing my mind of the burning memory. I shut my locker door and turned to the cheerleader. 

"Where did you hear that?" I croaked, I could barely recognise my own voice because of how strained it was. The bimbo looked at me strangely for a moment before answering hesitantly.