chapter-2

▪︎// another day //▪︎

[Yn]

Evening

And you stood at the living room, with your mother looking at you.

Perhaps

glaring to be specific.

You stood there not looking up at her until she finally left on her own.

Her footsteps were audible as she walked upstairs.

And maybe you should head back to your apartment now.

You turned around to finally leave the house.

The cold winter breeze hitted your face as you continued to walk away from the house, while the hot tears that formed in your eyes now threatened to fall anytime soon.

You still feel disgusted to find hickey on your neck and collarbone, though the scarf hid it well beneath its texture but yet it was hard not to feel anything.

And you know, it was all because of the step-sister of yours who drugged you last night after manipulating you to join her.

You feel stupid now to even believe her.

You sniffled while still making your way towards the bus stand to catch a bus or maybe a cab.

The air around was cold and you can see your warm breath in the air, as you walked.

You stopped on your way when you saw a car halt at the roadside.

And

This car was familiar to you.

You looked at the car as it's door opened and there stood your father before it.

He approached you and you smiled at his direction.

He's tall, fair in complexion with thick eyebrows and dark orbs, have the double eyelids that hide behind the metal specs he wear most of the time.

Must be heading back from the work.

You thought

"I see you didn't came to the company...are you alright?" He asked concerned, while you nodded.

You heard right, you work under his company

As a chef.

"Yeah, I actually got something to be done at my place " you answered.

"How about you stay at-"

And you knew what he's gonna say next.

"Maybe some other day" you said with pressed lips, cutting him in between.

"Alright..." He said with a warm smile but you can see the sadness in his eyes.

"Then, can I drop you back at your place?" He asked looking into your eyes, slightly bowing while forwarding his right hand, for which you laughed before nodding to him.

He smiled before taking your hand in his and walking with you towards the car.

You settled down inside the car beside your father and the car drove with that.