chapter 9

"What was going through your head man?" JJ asks Pope as we continue walking. JJ, Pope and I had been pretty beaten up over the last few days. But half the time we're protecting each other so it doesn't really bother me. I was helping my friends so I'm fine with the consequences.

"I don't know, i was kind of just going off instinct. i was a cornered animal." He tells us.

"Hey Pope, someone's here to see you" Heyward tells Pope and the rest of the group as he walks out to us with Shoupe. The four of us look at each other concerned and confused as to what was going on.

"i have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." He tells us. "Hands where i can see them" Shoupe says walking over to Pope and gabbing out handcuffs.

"What the fuck! He didnt do anything!" I shout at him. Shoupes always had it out for JJ and I but to go for Pope is next level ridiculous.

"Woah shoupe what'd he do?" Heyward questions, worried about his son.

"You can't arrest him!" Kiara shouts at Shoupe as well.

"Anything you say, can and will be held against you in the court of law." He tells Pope as he puts the handcuffs on and starts walking over to the cop car.

"It wasnt him!" Someone yells. Turning around I see JJ standing there with his hat in his hands looking at Shoupe desperately. "It was me."

"JJ stop!" I yell at him, knowing exactly what he was trying to do.

"Please D, stop." He begs pleadingly, making eye contact with me for a split second before turning back to the other two.

"He tried to talk me out of it, but i was mad because he'd just been beaten up." JJ starts with his made up story to Shoupe. "I was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that i lost my shit. I cant let you tak the blame for something I did. You've got to much to lose. He's a good kid. You know where im from. All me" JJ finishes making my heart break wishing i could say something. But I promised I wouldn't.

He really is one of a kind.

I admire everything he does for his friends.

"alright" Shoupe then takes the handcuffs off Pope and transfer them to JJ, whos holding eye contact with me the entire time.

This whole situation has made my breathing become uneven as i watch my number one be taken in a cop car for something he didnt do and my heart breaks for him, seeing the tears well up in his eyes.

The four of us stand there in shock as we watch JJ being taken away in handcuffs.

This is not how the day was supposed to go.