Who even invented poles?

Hello. This is my first story. I hope you enjoy it and please comment to tell me what you think. The picture at the top is of Mei.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mei's POV

Do you ever lose something, then start to look for it, only to find out its been in your hand the whole time. Well that happens to me on a regular basis. It even happened to me in front of Dean Collins, when I had to hand out copies in English class. Let me start from the beginning.

A few hours ago.......
It was 8:15 and I was freaking out. I was running late to school like usual but this was not like any other day. This was the first day of my senior year in high school and I had to be in the school hall at 8:45 to receive my senior jacket, with the rest of the seniors. I know you're thinking no big deal but it is a big deal. If I was late I would get detention for one week. I have never had detention before in my life. So you see why I was freaking out.

I quickly put on my school uniform which consisted of a red and green school tie, a white shirt, green trousers and a green jumper.

It was 8:20 by the time I got downstairs, got my lunch and schoolbag then made my way to school in my car. I reached the school at 8:33, which is a record for my because it usually takes my twenty minutes to reach the school. I got out of my car as quick as I could and started running to homeroom like a woman on crack.

When I reached home room I threw the door open. No one seemed to take notice except my homeroom teacher who was giving me a glare and my two friends who were laughing at my appearance. Let me tell you I am no athlete. In fact I hardly run except for when I am playing sports or just running for the fun of it, which is highly unlikely. When I do run I look like a constipated rabbit trying to hop a fence.

I made my way to my seat quietly and sat in between my friends Natalie and Kayc who were still snickering at me. I just ignored them and waited for homeroom to be over. Natalie had long brown wavy hair and brown eyes. She was always bored and loved to do sports. Kayc had brown long hair with a streak of blonde in the front of it. She had blue eyes. Kayc was really hard to befriend at first but she eventually let me be her friend. She could be quiet intimidating when she wanted to but she was there if her friends needed her.

"You look great this morning." Natalie whispered mockingly in my ear. Well excuse me! She should try running down fourteen flights of stairs, running to your car, and then running to your class. Running is hard work I tell you.

"You know how hard it is to run for me!" I complained, still panting after running to class.

"My gosh, you have no athletic ability whatsoever."

"Well it's not my fault I was born a model and not an athlete."I replied Natalie, sticking up my nose.

Kayc, who had been quiet the whole time until I said I was a model, started laughing silently to herself.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"You and I both know you're not a model or anything close to a model." She replied smugly

"Well I'll have you know that I actually won Americas Next Top Model like four times in a row but they never aired it on TV because I was way prettier than the other girls. Besides if they did air the seasons that I won, then no one would come because they would be intimidated by my beauty."

At this statement Natalie let out a guffaw of laughter. This caused the whole class to look at us and Mr. Reseller, my homeroom teacher, to glare at me. Well I wasn't the one who laughed.