Chapter One

The time hit five o'clock on a cold and freezing Monday morning. It was pretty much still dawn. The alarm clock sound on Zothile Adams' phone began to badger her like a bedeviled mosquito, busy making irate and buzzing noises that would normally get on anybody's nerves Immediately, she took her phone, pressed the red button to switch it off completely, put on both her pink slippers and pink gown, walked out of her bedroom, entered both Aphiwe and Nokukhanya's bedrooms to wake them up and went with them straight to the bathroom.

The minute Zothile went to the bathroom and went promptly to the shower, a wave comprised of a million thoughts swept through her mind that resulted in a conversation with herself. *Growing up, I have always loved writing, yet my parents do not seem to get it. They have created a vision of my future in their minds for me to study a course in Chartered accounting, whilst knowing that it is not my passion to go ahead and do it. I do not grasp over the fact that why they are always like this. Why? Why me all of the people? I feel so unappreciated and unloved by my own family. My exhaustion levels have reached an all-time high, and my heart and soul are diminishing little by little." She murmured while being splashed by the water in the shower with tears rolling down her cheek, unaware that Aphiwe listened and overheard her.

Having finished showering, Zotnile got out of the shower busy wiping her body with a towel, and promptly put on her gown. Then Aphiwe approached her, looking all concerned, and asked, " Are you okay, sis? It seems as if you haven't been your usual cheerful and jubilant self lately. Are you going through something? If that's the case, let me know. I won't judge you. "No, I'm alright, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. It's just one of those days, "Zothile responded in a nervous yet hesitant manner while trying to hide her true emotions regarding her brilliant yet bleak future.

She aspired to be a writer, however, her parents, Nomkhitha and Mpendulo, were not on board with that. According to them, the arts industry was nothing but a hub that was full of people who had shady tendencies and vile attributes.