Chapter Two

Right after her conversation with Aphiwe, Zothile certainly had to do an enormous amount of thinking and was compelled to rethink her whole life. Her heart was amplified with a much rather chunk of heaviness. As soon as she entered her room, she knelt down on her knees and prayed to God, resulting in her opening up about her struggles and demands from her family with tears rolling down her cheek. She felt so broken and was hurting evidently from the anguishes of her parents' expectations. Anything to alleviate the soreness in her bleeding heart.

When she was done praying, she got up, wiped her tears with a tissue, took off her gown, moisturized her body with lotion, and put on her school uniform. She then walked out of her room and went straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her family. " Mama, Tata, Phiwe, and Bonga, breakfast is ready. Time is not on our side," she said in a nervous voice as she called her family to have breakfast. Immediately, they all went to the kitchen in a swift and relaxed manner without any rush.

"Good morning Zothile", they all saidwhile greeting her in unison. "Good morning to you too, family," she greeted them back in a downcast manner. They all dished out, sat down, and it was all smiles and happiness except for her. Zothile's mind was one hundred miles away because of her constant overthinking and feeling real dejected.

Mpendulo began to notice it and asked her as his voice was laced with concern with regards to her behavior, "Zothi, is everything alright? Because, over the past few weeks, your behavior has changed drastically. You don't talk to us, you're forever in your room, you don't even smile anymore, and last night, your mom and I heard you weep terribly. Are you really OK? "Yes, Tata, I'm fine. It's just one of those days, that's it, "Zothile replied with a tinge of apprehension and gloom combined in her voice. She was really going through a phase of having to keep up appearances and suffering in silence simultaneously.

When the Adams family was done having breakfast, they took their plates and put them in the sink one by one. "Phiwe, today's your turn to wash the dishes," Nosiwe mentioned. Then Aphiwe immediately looked at her mum in shock and responded while she shook her head,  No, Mama, no! Why me and not Khanya? Why does it always have to be me?" Hey, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. You know, you love to complain every time your father and I give you a household chore. We are your parents, not your friends, and as your parents, we are telling you to do something. Is it clear, "Nosiwe asserted angrily. "Yes, Mama, one hundred percent clear," Aphiwe replied with disappointment ruling her eyes and Nokukhanya giving a silent chuckle.