potions class was.....fun

Third Person's POV

Maren Malfoy kept her head low to avoid people looking at her, as she's the first ever Malfoy sorted in Gryffindor. She's more brave than cunning, she is more loyal than prideful, she has a couple other traits of Slytherin, but she's definitely not cunning. She wishes that she was with Ruby right now, not being in the middle of a conversation that Seamus Finnigan. He's rambling of his family of his Dad being a muggle and Mom a witch. That's at least what she caught onto it as she's reading a book Hermione suggested.

"Percy, who's that man?" Harry asks, pointing to the back that was towards her.

"That's Professor Quarrel, and the other one is Professor Snape." Maren says as she didn't even bother turning to the man but when she did she waved a little for no particular reason.

"What does Snape teach?" Harry asks another question as he turns back towards the others. 

"He teaches Potions, but he's obsessively crazy of the Dark Arts. He's been at Quarrel's job for years." Maren says as she was too busy reading the book to even look up at him.

"Hello! How are you! Welcome to Gryffindor." Was the spirit of Sir Nicholas which catches Harry's eyes.

"Hello Sir Nicholas. Have a good summer?" Percy says to the ghost as Harry tilts his head slightly at the spirit.

 "Dismal. Once again, my request to join the Headless Hunt has been declined." Sir Nicholas says to Percy and before he could leave Ron perks up.

"I know you. You're Nearly Headless Nick." Ron says as Harry turns to him confused as heck and Sir Nicholas turns to him.

 "I prefer Sir Nicholas, if you don't mind." Sir Nicholas says correcting him.

"S-sorry." Ron says before looking down.

"Nearly Headless? How can you be Nearly Headless?" Hermione asks the ghost as for once Maren looks up at her friend confused, and before she could say anything.

"Like this." Sir Nicholas says and some students made faces as they turn their heads avoiding the sight, all while Maren is looking at him like he's the last cookie in the jar. Out of all of the students she was amazed and intrigued of how that happened.

"That was cool." Maren comments before Hermione gives her a weird look and the blonde turns to her friend and shrugs her shoulders as she wasn't bothered by it.

"It's because she's a freak." Was the voice of her brother Draco, as said Maren rolled her eyes at him.

"Piss off!" Maren says to her brother as he just smiles as Ruby gave her a sad look before quickly hugging her best friend before following Draco like a lost puppy.

In Potions

Ruby was really happy that she was going to be in Potions, because that's what Snape teaches. She was seated next to Draco as Maren was by Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, also Hermione Granger.

The door slams open and Snape comes rushing in as Ruby is laughing at something that Draco said. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, those select few..." Snape then looks at Draco, Ruby and the Maren and smiles. "Who posses the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in the dead." Draco raises his eye as he is nonchalantly eating a piece of candy that Ruby had given him.