west coast // trent frederic

trent frederic

trent frederic.

word count: 5.5k

warning: explicit content

- - -

Y/N

"Don't be nervous, Trent. It'll be fine. It's just a few games. Not like you haven't done it a million times before," I remark, scooping a handful of popcorn into my mouth.

"I'm not nervous," he sternly replies.

"Then what are you?"

He pauses for a moment. Then, confidently he retaliates, "sick of your bullshit?"

"Got me there. Damn," I chuckle, shoveling another handful in my mouth. "Feeling particularly sassy today, aren't we?"

"Sassy?" He scoffs, tilting his head. "I am not sassy."

"You aren't nervous, either, apparently."

"Oh, and I'm the sassy one? Please. You might want to rethink that," he adds sharply. "Besides, you didn't even let me get to my point. I wasn't bringing up the trip because I was nervous."

"Then why'd you bring it up?"

"Because, Y/N, I was gonna ask if you'd want to tag along," he finally answers, shooting me a pointed look.

I carefully lean over and set the nearly empty bowl of popcorn down onto the coffee table. "You want me to come?" I ask, beginning to become intrigued. "I thought only the guys could."

"Well, yeah, but you could come along for the west coast stretch. It's really only a few days and it should be fine if you're one of the only plus-ones," he explains with certainty. "Some of the other guys have brought people before. Usually it's a girlfriend, but...it doesn't really matter."

"You're sure it'd be fine?"

"Positive," he smiles gently. "It's not like we'd be doing anything that management wouldn't approve of, anyway. It's just me bringing along my friend for what, six days? Isn't even a week."

"Well..."

I think about Trent's offer for a moment. Join the team on a trip to the west. Watch the Bruins play. See what goes on behind the scenes. Stay at nice hotels, spend more time with the other guys...spend more time with Trent...for almost a week? And without causing an issue?
Absolutely, yes. Who wouldn't want to do that?

"I'd love to come along," I smile.

"Really?"

"Are you kidding? Come on, T," I tease, grabbing Trent's hand and tugging it gently. "Hockey has been my favorite sport since, I don't know, ever? And you're one of my best friends. How could I not want to?"

"I guess," he shrugs. "You don't have to, though. Just a thought."

"I want to go," I reassure him with a smile. "It'll be fun."