one rule // jeremy swayman | part 2

jeremy swayman

jeremy swayman.

word count: 11.5k

warning: explicit content

- - -

CHARLOTTE

The soft noise of wind blowing against a window fills my ears as my body begins to wake. My eyes stay closed for a moment as I analyze my surroundings. My body feels safe, and my arms are wrapped around another firm presence, which directly provides me with warmth. I take in a deep breath and let it out, then slowly begin to flutter my eyes open.

A thin beam of light peaks into the room through the small gap between the curtains covering the window. The room is just dim enough for me to be able to keep my eyes open as they slowly scan the area. I'm in a hotel room. I know that much.

My focus then moves to the body that lies next to mine, the one that both arms are wrapped around, and the one that my leg is slung over.

Jeremy.

Memories of last night flow back into my thoughts, a faint grin forming on my face as the details resurface in my mind. Memories of him making me feel nothing short of incredible.

I carefully lift my head and turn it to see him peacefully lying down, his head propped up with eyes open and a smile on his face.

"Hey," he speaks, his voice gravelly.

"Hi," I smile, breathing softly.

He reaches up and brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "Sleep okay?"

"Yeah," I nod, my head tilting ever so slightly into his hand. "Really good, actually."

"Good," he replies, his knuckles gently grazing the side of my head. "I did, too."

I close my eyes for a brief moment, just taking in the relaxing feeling of being next to him. I breathe softly through my nose and let myself melt into his body, then allow my lips to fall into a relaxed smile.

"Charlotte."

My eyes open at the mention of my name. "Hm...?"

"How do you feel?"

"Well, my body hurts," I tease him, giggling softly as he rolls his eyes. "But besides that...I feel good. Really, really good."

"Me too."

After a few moments of silence, I open my mouth to speak. "Jeremy...I don't want this to just be one night. I want...more," I breathe, my eyebrows slightly knit together. "I've wanted this—you—practically since I first met you."

He nods, his focus shifting between each of my eyes. "You have no idea how bad I've wanted to hear you say that," he says, shaking his head.

"And you have no idea how happy that makes me feel."