We're Finally Here

We had finally arrived. We had pushed through so hard, we had completely flown over a country. I was so tired. But ahead I could see a strange dome in the distance. We still had a ways to walk, I don't think anyone had the strength left to keep flying. I turned my attention to the dome in the distance, it was an old-looking building, like something you might see in Ancient Rome. I had been so thoughtful about the dome that I lost control and shot to the ground. "Brooke!" Yelled Jayze. I tried shooting my arms out to keep balance but I had no control over my body, and I collapsed onto the concrete. I felt Kylie land beside me and help me up. My everything ached. "Are you ok, Brooke?" I rubbed my heavily bruised arm. "I'm fine, man, I have no idea what just happened." I looked up at the sky, but it carried nothing suspicious in its bright blue sky. "Well at least you're ok now." Said Jayze. I gave a timid smile. Jayze sure was nice. Rex sighed. "Yeah, that's all that matters." Kylie started to look impatient. "Come on, where are we headed?" She asked. Rex closed his eyes, he opened them a second later with an answer, "that dome, straight ahead." 

     I looked at it groggily, I knew it was important! "But it's so far, and I'm so tired." I said tiredly. Rex ignored me and we started walking. We walked onto a decorative bridge over a small river. Just then, black ripples filled the air, and there was a shriek in the distance. Everything seemed to mute itself as the world rocked, and I lost my footing and fell into the water. "Ahh, Brooke!" Screamed Kylie. Water filled my mouth, I didn't understand, I took swimming lessons as a kid, I'm a great swimmer. It must be magic. It felt like there was a heavy lead weight tied to my feet. I was running out of air, it had to be the end....Then all of a sudden, I felt a splash down beside me, and I the next moment I felt, myself being pulled out onto the bank.
     I thanked God I was alive. I stood up and dried myself off magically with a quick gust of wind, then I looked around for my savior. It was not the others that saved me, but a man dressed in a long black cloak, and a black fedora, just like the man in the shadows from Paris. He had saved me. "Ahhhh!" Screamed Rex from across the river. "Get away Brooke!" Kylie yelled. I started to run toward the dome, if the meeting was there I was sure to be safe. I glanced back and saw Kylie and Rex following me, when I realized, where was Jayze?