The Man in the Shadows

We had been flying forever, even I was starting to get tired. We had been flying over land for sometime. Heading straight for Estonia, but we just had to stop. I saw the Eiffel Tower somewhere in the distance. We must be in Paris, France. "Guys, I think we should stop,  the meeting isn't even till two days." I said. Rex nodded, "I guess you're right." He said. We turned ourselves invisible and landed. We made sure we were in a dark area so no one could see us reappear. 

     Once we were visible, Kylie ran out of the alley we were in. Rex and I followed her. She was heading straight for the Eiffel Tower. She looked up in awe, her dirty blonde hair waving wildly behind her. She turned to us, smiling. "Guys, isn't this great? We should stay here a while! Man visiting Paris has always been my dream!" Rex and I turned to each other. We only had two days to get to the meeting. Would we have enough time to have fun in Paris? Plus, I can't even speak French, so that's kind of a problem. But Kylie really wanted it. "Yeah, ok, we'll stay here for half the day." I said. Kylie beamed at that. Rex beckoned Kylie back. "Look, this does seem pretty exciting so how about we make a plan, we meet back here in two hours, ok?"

We all nodded, then Kylie said, "that's fair, so uh, see ya!" Then she took off towards the tower. I said bye to Rex and started to walk down a street. I may be in Paris, France, but there is literally nothing for me to do. All of a sudden, I felt like I was being watched. I whipped around, and saw a man, in a black trench coat and fedora, staring at me, while leaning against the wall. I kept walking, and pretending I didn't see him. If he was on to me, that was bad, very bad. Stupid sensor fields, why did we even have those? I walked faster, I heard the man's rapid footsteps behind me, I broke into a run.

     Who was this guy? Honestly. I ran into an alleyway, and hid behind a dumpster, I dropped to the ground, shaking with fear. I needed help. I craned my neck to find a small green street sign on the sidewalk. Please help me, I'm being chased by a strange man. I'm in an alley off Cœur Lane. I thought to Rex and Kylie. I heard footsteps approaching, the man had entered the alley. I froze with fear. I looked down at my fingers, I got ready to send up a barrier. I leapt to my feet, and summoned the force field. I could see the man well, he shot lightning at ththe force field. "Who are you?" I asked.
     He didn't say anything. All of a sudden he pitched forward, breaking the barrier. Standing behind him was Rex. I ran to him, and gave him a hug. "We have to get out of here." He said. We started running towards the tower, Kylie was there. She was taking pictures at the tower with a disposable camera. I grabbed her hand, and she dropped and broke the camera. "Hey!" She exclaimed. But I didn't care about her stupid camera. I told her everything. "Wow, um...uh, we need to open a portal and get outta here!" She said quickly. A curtain of silence fell, we all knew that would be impossible to make a portal. That was super advanced. Even I couldn't summon a portal, without passing out for twelve hours, that is. So we turned invisible, and took to the skies, as we started to rise, I thought I could see more men, emerging from the shadows.