Are You Kidding Me?

We arrived at the entrance, but I still wanted to know what happened to Jayze. "Alright guys, where's Jayze?" I asked. Kylie shrugged. "He said he had to run an errand and he'd be right back." She said. "Did he say to wait for him?" I asked. 

     Rex shook his head. "Come on, it's showtime." He said. We threw open the doors, but what we saw was a surprise to us all. A circle of men in black cloaks, with black hoods and not fedoras, were standing around a chair. But someone was in the chair, as I enhanced my vision, I saw it was a man. He was wearing blue robes gilded with small pictures. It reminded me of something I had seen before. I thought of the dream about the meeting. It was Chief Akir. I turned towards Rex and Kylie. "Guys, I think we should get out of here." I said. Then, both of them looked at something behind me. "Ahh, Brooke behind you!" Yelled Kylie. I just had enough time to look at the man, before he knocked me out.

********************************

     When I woke I was being held up. The guy who had knocked me out was holding my hands behind my back. I looked at the Chief, he was tied up. Maybe he would listen to me if I tried to communicate telepathically. What happened, who are these people? I thought to Akir. He didn't even look at me. It was a trick, there never was a meeting, they captured me and forced me to send out a message for a fake meeting, they just wanted to kill you. He thought back. I honestly didn't expect someone like Chief Akir to answer me, but maybe he wasn't like other rulers, or dictators, or whatever Akir was. Why us? Why not any other Ivorian? I asked. At this question, Akir turned to look at me. Because you Brooke, are stronger than most, and you are a threat to the enemy. He thought. Enemy? What enemy?
    But who is the enemy, who are these people? I asked. Akir's voice grew grim. You will soon find out. He simply thought. I watched the men move away from Akir, I saw Kylie across the circle, she was being held as well, and she did not look happy about it, and then Kylie got really angry, she kicked the man that was holding her, and his hood fell back. Kylie screamed. I soon saw why. The man was no mere mortal. Half of his face, was the face of a gray wolf. He snarled. All the men now took off they're hoods. They all had half-wolf faces, but with different fur colors. Then, the men shot up in the air, holding all three of us in their grasps.

     They could obviously perform magic. Then they let go of us, and the three of us dropped to the ground. I looked up from where I lay to see wolf fangs, about to come down, on my neck.