Chapter 6: New Home

Okay, this turned out to be MUCH longer than I had expected it to be. I was going to continue the chapter, but then realized how long it had already gotten so I decided to end it where I did. I think it's an alright point though, since the rest fits in nicely with what I had planned for next chapter anyway! I hope you enjoy!

When the meeting with the Konoha council finally ended, Tsunade and Minato could not wait to leave that room. As they both know, dealing with the elders can be seriously difficult, especially when they treat you as too inexperienced to be able to make decisions on your own, despite the fact you've been doing good at your job for multiple years!

The two walked out of the room together since Tsunade still had something to tell Minato about. "I've found a house for you and your family to move into." She told him. "It's not your old house, which shouldn't be a surprise considering how long it's been, but it has enough space for your whole family. I'm assuming Naruto will probably be moving in with you as well?" She explained.

"We haven't mentioned the idea to him yet, but both Kushina and I would like if he did." Minato answered, a hint of hopefulness in his tone. Before they went separate ways, Tsunade told him to meet her later with Kushina and gave the address to the house she'd mentioned.

When they got there, it was a fairly decent sized house. When you walk in, there's a little entrance area that leads into the kitchen, dining room and living room areas. There was a staircase in the living room/dining room area (since they're connected) that led to the second floor. The second floor had two hallways connected to the top of the stairs; one that goes straight and one that goes to the right. There were several doors there, some of them for bedrooms, one for the washroom, one for an office space.

"There were no two bedroom houses available, so this one has an extra room. You could use it as a guest room or change it to whatever you'd like." Tsunade explained when they saw how many rooms there were. Neither of them felt that having an extra room was much of an issue, though.

After having seen the house, Minato and Kushina decided they both liked the place. They were sure they could call this place their new home. Besides, it's not like they had many better options.

Later that night, when they were spending time with Naruto, they decided to finally ask him. "Tsunade-san helped us find a house in Konohagakure since our old one is no longer available." Kushina had started. Seeing as it seemed she still had more to say, Naruto was confused about where that point was going. I mean, sure, it's great that they have a house again, but what else could there be to say about it? He didn't understand until Kushina decided to continue talking. "There are enough rooms in it. Do you want to move in with us?"

"We know we haven't exactly been great parents, or parents at all, so far to you, but now that we're all here, it would be nice to be a family again as we should have been." Minato added. He didn't need to though. It's not like Naruto needed convincing.

"You mean I finally get to live with my parents? I'm in, dattebayo!" He had agreed excitedly. Would it be strange not living on his own anymore? Of course. But, it was strange for him to have his parents back in the first place, so compared to that, moving in with them wouldn't be too bad.

Can't say he was too enthusiastic about the moving process though. He had to take some time off training to pack everything, to clean his old apartment, to move everything into the new house... It took a few days before the family was ready to move in since they had to get the house set up, and they had to have everything moved.

And then, once they were actually moved into the house, there was all of the unpacking, decorating and organising to do. Minato and Kushina had very little left from their old house from before they died (there were just a couple things that Kakashi had held onto), so they had to buy a lot of new things for their house.