22. Scored One Goal, Missed Another

Sam and I jump up as Ras scores a goal early on in the game, both of our yells becoming lost in the cheers of the sea of yellow. It's always relieving to get an lead in a game, but even better when it's against a footballing titan like Canada.

It wasn't that much of a surprise to me that I wasn't part of the starting eleven, especially after my emotionally driven performance in the last match, but I'm still happy to be here. 

"Viney, E-V-E, KitKat! Let's get you on the pitch." Tony claps at us. 

I jump up, pulling off the sub jersey and getting ready to tag onto the pitch. The game continues and I follow close behind Jessie Fleming, who has the ball. 

She races down the field with the ball, but I quickly snatch the ball off her. "Sorry Jessie, love you I promise!" I yell.

I don't get to see her reaction, but I can already feel the slap on the back of my neck next time I see her at Chelsea. 

Quickly, I book it down to the goal, before I'm marked by two defenders. I quickly pass the ball to Mary, who shoots it into the goal. 

I jump into the group hug she's having with Cait and Ellie, which ends up with all four of us tumbling to the ground as we stumbling over our own feet. 

But the celebration is cut short as Mary's goal is disallowed, the disappointment immense from the forward. I pat her on the back as an offside is called, Steph taking it. 

She kicks the ball, us Aussies jumping in the air hoping to head it in, and the Canadians jumping hoping to head it away from the goal. The ball bounces on the ground, but I quickly launch my head towards it, just hoping for the best. 

It goes in, and amidst my adrenaline, excitement and relief, I feel multiple arms hug around me, bringing me once again to the ground. 

As the game goes on, Mary does end up scoring a goal that ends up on the scorecard, which should have already have been there but oh well. 

With another goal courtesy of Steph's penalty, we end the game on an all time high at 4-0 against Canada. 

After a quick after game notes from Tony, the team disperses into the crowd again. I head off, trying to find BlindSpot and Ollie. 

"Kataroo! You were amazing!" I spot Leah as she screams out for me. 

I jog over, laughing lightly. "Thank you!" 

"I can't believe we can't watch you in your next game." Jorden groans, throwing her head onto Noah's shoulder. 

I tilt my head, genuinely upset. "Wait why?" 

"We have a performance scheduled for the next week or so, and we don't really get back until mid-August." Isabella explains with a thin-lipped smile. 

I sigh deeply. "It's ok, that just gives me more motivation to actually get through to the semis so that you guys can watch me play then!"

"But in the mean-time, I'll be there at your next game, cheering you on." Ollie, says, kissing my forehead. 

"Ok, Olive garden, our KitKat's cheerleader, huh?" 

I jump, placing my hand on my chest. "Jesus Christ, Sammy, where'd you even come from?!"

"KitKat, I think you're becoming deaf from the crowd." She shakes her head. 

"Honestly, it might be because I've been to too many music festivals."

"Olive garden! I see you've been treating our KitKat... well. Well enough at least." Sam says, squinting her eyes at Ollie, who gives her an awkward smile. 

"He's been fine Sam!"

Sam bring two fingers to her eyes, turning them towards Ollie than back towards her own eyes. "Watch it Olive garden."

"I haven't even done anything, and also why olive garden."

"Oh, and Sammy, this is Jorden, Leah, Isabella and Noah, they perform in a band called BlindSpot." I say indicating at the band, each of them smiling widely at Sam. 

"Aw that's so cool! Glad KitKat has finally found some friends."

"Bitch-"

"Language!"

***

"Let's go girlies! Drinks on me!" Lani yells as we all begin to gather in the common room. 

"Dibs on whiskey!" I yell, grabbing the bottle off the counter. 

It's quickly taken away from me, "Nuh-uh, last time you had alcohol you were an emotional rollarcoaster."

"Ok, I wouldn't call it an-"

Macca interrupts me, "You were pretty emotional." She deadpans.

"Aw but the last time that y'all got drunk I had to take of y'all" I complained. 

"And you'll do it again!" Viney teases as she pops open a champagne bottle.

The girls begin taking shots and drinks, dancing with music blasting in the background. I just walked around, trying to find unsuspecting drinkers and snagging their cups when they put it down. It didn't really work since they drank all of it but I did manage to get a sip from Mini at some point. 

"Let's toast to KitKat!" What, all of  a sudden? "To KitKat's first world cup goalll" Sam yells, slurring over her own words. 

All the girls take a shot, and I rush to try snatch a shot out of Macca's hands. She quickly dodges me, leaving me pouting frustrated.

"Sorry KitKat, you may have scored one goal today, but you're gonna miss this one." She says, taking the shot.

"Let's play truth... orrr dare?!" Ellie yells as the girls all agree. "Caitlin! Truth or dare?"

This is extremely entertaining, the fact that they're all drunk will definitely be a bonus, so I pull my phone out to record.

"Truth."

"Pussy!" Sam yells.

Ellie grins, "what order do you change your clothes in."

Caitlin takes a moment to ponder, taking another sip of her drink before answering. "I change my shorts first, then my top, because if someone were to walk in on me, I'd rather them catch me in my-"

"Boobs?" Sam asks loudly.

"What?!?!"

"You'd rather be caught in your boobs?"

"Shut the fuck up Sam-"