Author's Note

NOT NECESSARY TO READ, BUT YOU MIGHT CONSIDER IT IF YOU WANT SOME MORE INSIGHT. 

Wooh, so, this has been a long time coming. 

First of all, I want to apologize for my absence. Not that there's anyone to apologize to at the time of writing this (29.10.23, 4:31 a.m.). I don't have an audience and the entire ten chapters of this book currently stand at about 90 reads. I think 30 of those came from me because Wattpad's systems are messed up like that. 

Anyway ...

I'd started writing this book with the sole intention of completing it because it was truly a passion project of mine. However, after starting this project--I think directly after starting it--I got a job and started working full-time. 

To say that I've faced a lot of challenges after starting this book would be putting it lightly. My passions needed to take a back seat in lieu of my need to survive. 

Now, I'm at a place where I don't necessarily have time to be updating this book or these works consistently but, looking back at the past few years of my life, it seems that I never had that time. So, henceforth, I'm going to be making it a priority.

I'm actually intending to turn around my life from now on. I'm doing an entire identity shift and that includes getting back on track with my hobbies and doing the things that I enjoy the most.  

I heard once--I think it was on TikTok or Instagram reels--that there's a law of one hundred when it comes to pursuing something you're passionate about. This means that if you want to see results, commit yourself to putting out one hundred pieces of the thing that you love doing, whether that be art, content, or, in my case, books. 

However, where this challenge takes one hundred days, I want to take it one step further. I know that my life will not be turned around completely in a matter of a meager three months and some change (especially since I'm an author and the wait time in this arena is usually a lot more). So, I'm going to be challenging myself to one thousand days. 

I know, I know. 

It's a huge commitment coming from someone who couldn't even be bothered to complete more than a few chapters of each book that she put out on this free platform. But ...I don't know. I feel really good about this. 

Of course, I don't intend to put out one hundred books every single day, but I do intend to at least write a chapter a day. For one thousand days. 

This commitment will obviously span over multiple projects. For example, right now, I've been meaning to redo 'Through The Criminal's Heart' as well as 'Becoming The Alpha.' 

What I've realized from dabbling in these other genres though, is that I really was an amateur when I wrote those books. I didn't write them for the market. I wrote them because those were the stories in my head and those were the stories that I wanted to tell. 

A huge mistake to write books without romance and much s*x on a platform that thrives primarily off of those things, but I did it regardless because the younger, much more naive me thought that the audience would gobble it up the way I did. 

Needless to say, I was proven wrong. 

Looking back now though, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with my previous works apart from the fact that they all lack structure, proper character arcs, and proper romantic arcs. It only took several years and working tirelessly on projects that sucked the ever-living soul out of my body to realize that. 

But I refuse to let those works die. Would I be jumping from billionaire romance to spy/billionaire romance to paranormal/werewolf romance? Absolutely.