Chapter Four - Lunatic

ADRIAN

It was nearly noon and the phone that his new boss had given him hadn't stopped buzzing. He'd spent the better half of the morning rearranging her schedules and making sure that all the information Listra had given him was entered into it. He would've liked to say that he was entirely focused on the task at hand, but ...he'd caught himself drifting back to this morning more times than he cared to admit.

The secretary—Listra—had been giving him eyes while giving him the tour around the building and his office. A lot smaller than he'd gotten used to, but it had a door that gave him access to Natasha's office and another that led out into the hall, so he didn't mind it much.

He'd been just about two seconds away from flirting back with Listra—for the sake of curing his boredom more than anything else—when Natasha walked in. And that was the moment that he'd been thinking about all day.

She walked in flanked by two men dressed in black, he assumed them to be her guards. There were a few janitors around who were just finishing up with their jobs for the morning. And there was Listra. The only person who caught his eye though, was her. It was almost like she commanded the room when she walked in, heels clicking against the floor. He knew that he wasn't the only one struck like that, though. He could feel it. And he knew that she knew it as well. He didn't think that she cared though. She walked in, wearing their attention like it was just another part of her outfit.

He'd cursed himself then for the very unprofessional thoughts that had crossed his mind.

Her six-inch high heels were black today. It complimented the black and white chequered dress that hugged at her curves in all the right ways. At her ears were two thin, silver hoops that matched the chain that ran down her chest, ending just above her semi-exposed cleavage. The multitude of two-strand twists that she wore as her hairstyle were now pulled back into a ponytail with a white scarf that ran across the front of her head and tied at the back. The style lifted her almond-shaped brown eyes in a way that was simply feline.

Had they not been working together, he might've mistaken her for a supermodel if he passed her on the street or saw her in a grocery store.

Thinking of the glance he'd snuck of her high, generous ass when she'd led him to her office had him twisting in his seat now. He adjusted his pants for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

Allah, he couldn't think like that about her. Not only was it unprofessional, but he also had his own reasons. Still, he couldn't help the thoughts that ran through his mind. 

The way that she'd looked at him the first day they met each other ...

The tight-fitting dress that she'd worn. 

The way it made his cock ache to be inside her and hear her--fuck. 

This definitely wasn't professional thinking. 

He glanced at the door that separated them. She hadn't called on him. She was supposedly in a meeting. Whoever it was that was in there was apparently important, since she had him cancel the meeting that she was actually supposed to be having in lieu of the man that had walked in about an hour ago.

The door that led to the hallway had been slightly ajar when the man walked in, so Adrian had gotten a small glimpse of him. He'd been too casually dressed and looked way too comfortable being in the hall. Immediately, Adrian had drawn the conclusion that he must've either been family or her boyfriend. He couldn't expect her to be single, could he? Not with the way she looked.

He took a deep breath and looked at the phone and paperwork before him. He'd done a great deal of the work already.

Fuck it, he was going to tell her that he'd be taking his lunch break now.