chapter 3

In the afternoon Felix had classes, which were about obedience and the hierarchy of Obscuria. Felix thought all of it was unfair, but he was going to obey, since it's the only way to make it here. After classes he went to his apartment and showered.

"Hey Felix, I want a tattoo, just like all those brats here," Han squirmed as he lay flat on the coach. Felix walked out the bathroom only wearing pants. 

"Then get one... enjoy the luxury while it lasts," he answers him. "Really, you think I should?" he asked with wide eyes. Felix grabs a clean shirt and pulls it over his head and shrugs: "Yeah, why not?" 

Han walks over to him and kneels in front of him: "Please come with me." Felix chuckles and nods as he grabs the keys of their apartment.

They take the elevator to the 29th floor, where a huge dark bar is located. On the right side of the bar there's a little tattoo corner. The bar reeks of alcohol and cigarettes and is filled with guards and candidates enjoying their free time.

Felix walks up to a woman who is completely covered in ink, he assumes she's the tattoo artist. "Oh, hello gorgeous," she says as she blows thick smoke from her cigarette in Felix's face. Han grinned behind him and Felix just shook his head and said: "Can we get tatted?" she smiles and flicks out her cigarette.

She gestures towards a leather bench. "What would you want, love?" she asks. Felix thought for a second and said: "A raven." She smirked: "Admiration for the black raven, huh?" Felix was confused, he just likes the look of it. "I uh... yeah on my back," he said with a frown.

It stung a little, but it was fine. After he was tatted up the woman gave him a card with her apartment number wanting him to come over sometime, he took it and put it in his back pocket. 

Han was going to get a full sleeve, so it would take a while. Felix wandered off into the bar, he saw a few boys around a pool table, others were playing cards or just drinking something strong. He walked up to the barman and asked for whisky, since he's never tried anything like this.

"Celebrating, stray?" an annoying voice said, Felix turned around to look at the person talking. It was Chris, the president's son. "You took my victory, don't act friendly," Felix hisses back. He usually was a nice person, but not to the people who own this country. The ones who put his family and other strays through all this trouble.

"Oh, come on. It was just a little joke, it doesn't matter," he scoffs as he signals the bartender to give him a glass as well. "Mhm, for people like you it doesn't matter," Felix says as he finishes his glass, shivering at the strong burning sensation. 

"People like me, huh? What do you mean by that?" he says. Was he this stupid, he couldn't be. He's just trying to provoke me. "You'll make it no matter what, I don't have that privilege," I answer him as I stand up from my chair. 

"You know, if you'd be my friend, we could work together. That would make the shadows notice you," Chris said seriously. "I don't want your help, fuck off." Felix mutters as he walks away.

Felix aggressively storms out of the bar. That brat really gets on my nerves, he says to himself. His right shoulder bumps into someone as he walks out of the bar, but he doesn't even take a second to look up and apologize. 

As he walks towards the elevator a hand grabs his shoulder and a strict voice says, "Hey stray, not so fast. Where's your respect?" Felix turns around and his eyes meet Hyunjin's. 

Fuck, not him. Felix knows he needs to make good impressions on the shadows, so this is not good. 

He quickly bows and apologizes: "I'm sorry, sir. I wasn't paying attention." Hyunjin tilted his head and raised Felix's head with his finger since he was still bowing.